One of the things that I bugs me are customers that walk in talking on their cell phone, order while talking on the cell phone, and walk out....still on their cell phone.

What's your irk at work?

Views: 1333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, I also have to add the customer who ordered a latte (mind you there was this beautiful rosetta on it) and he stuck his finger in it yelling ,
"There is no foam on this latte!!! What is a latte with no Foam!!!
I asked him how a liquid could possibly hold a design with "no foam"... That was priceless.
Lady "drive thru" customer orders double straight shot. I serve her in 4oz. baby shot cup to go. She hands it back and says, "could you put this in bigger cup and add inch of half & half?" Totally ruined her shots, lost her crema and irritated the crap out of me. Curious? How many of you would have made her shots over?
I hear you - I love it when they ask if I know how to make a "mochalattafreeze" or what ever the hell they call it somewhere else. Hilarious!

Tyler Stevens said:
When people come up to the counter and ask, "Do you like make Frappucinos here?" I cry a little every time.
when customers claim to know sooooooo much about coffee, talk about how picky they are, say theyre from seattle tryin to impress me then they say something like "expresso" or order a "caramel macchiato" like sbux makes them.... wannabes...
nope, she wanted you to ruin them and that is what you did. iF you had remade them she probably would have gotten pissed for having to wait. Was it hot half and half or cold? ( I may have remade them if she wanted it hot)

CoffeeLady said:
Lady "drive thru" customer orders double straight shot. I serve her in 4oz. baby shot cup to go. She hands it back and says, "could you put this in bigger cup and add inch of half & half?" Totally ruined her shots, lost her crema and irritated the crap out of me. Curious? How many of you would have made her shots over?
when customers say "I'll have it here....but in a to-go cup"
nope, she wanted cold dumped right into her shots. I handed it back to her and as nice/direct as I could, told her she lost her crema and may not be happy with the outcome - she replied she didn't care and off she went.

Jesse -D-> said:
nope, she wanted you to ruin them and that is what you did. iF you had remade them she probably would have gotten pissed for having to wait. Was it hot half and half or cold? ( I may have remade them if she wanted it hot)

CoffeeLady said:
How about how we turn into babysitters when parents leave their kids running around the store.
and filthy to boot. I refuse taking filthy customer cups and do not hesitate saying so.

chantelle said:
This one happened to me yesterday:
This guy came in a said the coffee he got was cold. I wasn't going to argue with him, so I just took his cup back and made him a new coffee. As he is leaving, however, he explains to me that his coffee got cold while he was in an appointment. Really?! That is like going to a restaurant, ordering something, eating half of it and then asking them to take it back because it's the wrong thing.
chantelle said:

Oh yeah... "just in case". In case what? The only time I understand that is when its one of our customers from the local PD.

I've started offering to transfer whatever they haven't finished into a to-go if they need to leave, and this has worked reasonably well. Guess what? Most of them can actually stay long enough to finish a small coffee.
Or just the term "expresso" I have to bite my tounge on that one, cause there are cameras in the shop.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service