I think This is a competition for who is makeing better coffee and have more pasion for it.
Next year somebody will have a spaceship on floor,
I could have a powerpoint presentation on small table TV, or else...
This have to stop,
on flooar should be only what can stay on chart...
...or some better idea.
It shouldnt be who has more money or better sponsor!!!!!!!!!!!

If I am wrong correct me.
MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE HERE,
WE ARE BARISTAS,
WE HAVE SMALL PAY FOR WHAT WE DO,
OUR REWORD IS PEOPLE SMILE AFTER OUR COFFEE.

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What are you seeing? Please explain further.
I'm curious too about what you're seeing that people shouldn't have.

That said, I definitely think there should be spending limits of some sort. Well, frankly, the whole competition process could be overhauled.
So I think that every competition should have some bounderies so that freedom of doing dont hurt those who cant,
when a was in national two years in row in finals I spent lots of money to do the best of everything.
From spoon to tie.
In my limits ...
My vision is that there sholudnt be anything on floor that isnt in common bar or coffee shop.
No spaceships,icecream mashines,gadgets home made on no limit budget,even grinder is to some of limits.
Maybe financial limit or transport chart limit.
This should be barista competition not manager competition.
I love and respect WBC and also compited and judged national.
so whats common bar to you? if you dont have clover, meas that noone should use clover?
same for marzocco or simonelli?
the guy on usbc had a frizzing unit...so we should ban that cos guy in jamaica (sorry to jamaica) dont have that?????
freedom is given to everyone, thats why is called world barista championship! you have to become a champ first, its not money at all...
maybe we are small country but it doesnt make me small in terms of knowledge that i can show in championships
freedom of ideas is what is making you a champ...look at swedish guy this year, he was cooking on the stage. i can hardly imagine that you dont have stuff to cook at home, so no extra expenses actually, just an idea needed....

Domagoj Trusic said:
So I think that every competition should have some bounderies so that freedom of doing dont hurt those who cant,
when a was in national two years in row in finals I spent lots of money to do the best of everything. From spoon to tie. In my limits ... My vision is that there sholudnt be anything on floor that isnt in common bar or coffee shop.
No spaceships,icecream mashines,gadgets home made on no limit budget,even grinder is to some of limits.
Maybe financial limit or transport chart limit.
most important; evolution of barista and championship it self!
championships are becoming as formula 1, teams and people around a champion!
roaster, blending man (or woman as anette), someone whos training with you, talking and making a speech for or with competitor, all kinds of other things...
more and more evolution brings more and more knowledge and search for more different in offer at championship. so this year we saw aeropress technique, syphon as in japan, maybe next year something out f space indeed...but this is barista championship. we are not in a bar somewhere in italy. what is a common bar, do barista need to bring on championship panini and croissants?
so in order to become a champ or spread coffee culture, no limits!!!
VIVABARISTA!
and his or her team after all, we work in caffes with other people, working for other people so always around barista is a word ;PEOPLE! not money....

nik orosi said:
so whats common bar to you? if you dont have clover, meas that noone should use clover?
same for marzocco or simonelli? the guy on usbc had a frizzing unit...so we should ban that cos guy in jamaica (sorry to jamaica) dont have that????? freedom is given to everyone, thats why is called world barista championship! you have to become a champ first, its not money at all...
maybe we are small country but it doesnt make me small in terms of knowledge that i can show in championships
freedom of ideas is what is making you a champ...look at swedish guy this year, he was cooking on the stage. i can hardly imagine that you dont have stuff to cook at home, so no extra expenses actually, just an idea needed....

Domagoj Trusic said:
when a was in national two years in row in finals I spent lots of money to do the best of everything. From spoon to tie. In my limits ... My vision is that there sholudnt be anything on floor that isnt in common bar or coffee shop. No spaceships,icecream mashines,gadgets home made on no limit budget,even grinder is to some of limits. Maybe financial limit or transport chart limit.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service