I'm gonna be attending Coffee Fest between June 8-10.

Unfortunately, I won't get to truly appreciate the city, 'cause I won't be around for long.

Let me know if there are any coffee joints worth checking out. Probably won't get to visit all of 'em, but will try my best, depending on my schedule and how the trip unfolds. 

Just off the top of my head, some of the roasters I've heard tossed around in the city are Intelli, Metropolis, and Cafe Grumpy... are these the big three in Chicago?

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out:

Cafe Streets  super cool design, they carry Intelli

Filter: Neat place great hang out OK coffee

If you have some time come out and check out my roastery and  cafe Conscious Cup, we are out in Crystal Lake but right off the Metra line.

I agree with Jason about Caffe Streets (address below).  Darko (the owner) is great.  

Caffe Streets 

1750 W Division St

Jason - if I get time, I'm coming to see your place :) 

Let me know, we will be down there as well. I think I'm providing baristas for the Monin booth and Rancilio will be pulling shots of our espresso on the Excelcius.

Ah man, that sucks. For whatever reason, I totally blanked out and failed to visit the Monin booth.

All I remembered was that you had a cafe called Conscious Cup. I really wanted to visit, but it was so far out of my jurisdiction, and by the time I figured out the subway system in Chicago, it was all but time to pack up. Really regretful I didn't at least get to the Monin booth.

That said, I scoped out Caffe Streets, Filter, and Wormhole, among third wave coffee joints.

I liked Streets the best. I agree with you guys. Very neat decor. I also wanted to buy a demitasse from 'em as a souvenir, but it wasn't for sale. Best part about 'em was actually the handmade raspberry soda. Now I'm gonna have to make it at home by muddling some raspberries, lime, and sparkling water.

Overall got to meet some amazing people. Thinking about Seattle... on one hand, it takes such a commitment but on the other hand, it's such a blast.

Definitely recommend heading to conscious if you get the time. Not sure if you remember me Jason but I came in a few months ago and talked with you about the Harrar.
And I should mention that it was awesome! Particularly liked it out of a French press.

Ryan Plaza said:
Definitely recommend heading to conscious if you get the time. Not sure if you remember me Jason but I came in a few months ago and talked with you about the Harrar.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service