I'm loving Twitter and what it has done for my company, which is not a coffee shop, although I know there's a lot of skeptics out there. What are your thoughts? Does your shop have a Twitter page and have you had success with that?

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, we use it for three of our businesses- the Coffee Company and two cafes (all seperate twitters). I have found it to be a very effective and for sure a growing media for marketing the businesses. The twitter community, at least in indonesia, is pretty much always on their Blackberrys so posting a tweet gets an advertising message that is real time and relavant out fast and direct.
Alun, I agree with your reply. I think most people that enjoy "real" coffee shops are pretty much comfortable with new forms of communication. Thanks.

Alun Evans said:
Yes, we use it for three of our businesses- the Coffee Company and two cafes (all seperate twitters). I have found it to be a very effective and for sure a growing media for marketing the businesses. The twitter community, at least in indonesia, is pretty much always on their Blackberrys so posting a tweet gets an advertising message that is real time and relavant out fast and direct.
Hi Jason. Twitter is a great way to spread the word around. Both ROASTe.com and our roasters have been using this channel to communicate news and promotions to our fans. Another great tool you can use is a facebook fan page. Just note it takes ongoing effort to build a fellowship on both.

Eyal /ROASTe.com
We are a specialty coffee catering company and use twitter all the time. We have probably done several thousand dollars in business through twitter and connected with some of our largest clients through the service. It is a huge part of what we do and we think - if used correctly - should be implemented by all!
I'm glad you guys are posting these points. Hopefully several of us can capture this thread and use it as an example. I have built my business in two months without an official/old school website. I bought the domain name, but use Twitter and Facebook daily to communicate information about the beverage industry. I had to look up mailing addresses for a client to contact PR last week and it was amazing how difficult it was to find snail mail addresses, even from publications.

Jason Duncan said:
We are a specialty coffee catering company and use twitter all the time. We have probably done several thousand dollars in business through twitter and connected with some of our largest clients through the service. It is a huge part of what we do and we think - if used correctly - should be implemented by all!
Hey Jason,

We (Goshen Coffee in St. Louis) are really getting traction with the use of Twitter, too. What we have done is connected our web site (wordpress), facebook page and twitter account together. So, from our iPhone, using TweetDeck. We tweet and it publishes on our web site and Facebook Page. BRILLIANT.

This generates a daily presence of our brand and covers multiple mediums. We are not Tweeting our faces off. Last thing we want to do is piss off our fans with spamming them with non-sense. Maximum 3 per day.

The value of updating or web site with the tweets and FB posts creates relevance for the site. This means the more content added to your site on a regular basis, the more relevant it is to Search Engine Spiders. So, In short, better SEO.

Our customers who serve our coffee are Re-Tweeting or Tweeting giving us flat out props to their customers. Again, getting more reach. We reciprocate with their news involving our coffee. For instance, we just released a new blend for Pi Pizzeria. They did their own launch of it on twitter and included us every tweet. Win-Win.

Here are our three:
http://www.goshencoffee.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Goshen-Coffee-Company/44681469742
http://twitter.com/bonafidetat2
That's funny, I actually follow you at Bonafideat2 and didn't put the two together. I'm at LAB5702.

Bill Klingensmith said:
Hey Jason,

We (Goshen Coffee in St. Louis) are really getting traction with the use of Twitter, too. What we have done is connected our web site (wordpress), facebook page and twitter account together. So, from our iPhone, using TweetDeck. We tweet and it publishes on our web site and Facebook Page. BRILLIANT.

This generates a daily presence of our brand and covers multiple mediums. We are not Tweeting our faces off. Last thing we want to do is piss off our fans with spamming them with non-sense. Maximum 3 per day.

The value of updating or web site with the tweets and FB posts creates relevance for the site. This means the more content added to your site on a regular basis, the more relevant it is to Search Engine Spiders. So, In short, better SEO.

Our customers who serve our coffee are Re-Tweeting or Tweeting giving us flat out props to their customers. Again, getting more reach. We reciprocate with their news involving our coffee. For instance, we just released a new blend for Pi Pizzeria. They did their own launch of it on twitter and included us every tweet. Win-Win.

Here are our three:
http://www.goshencoffee.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Goshen-Coffee-Company/44681469742
http://twitter.com/bonafidetat2
Thanks Jason.
I will share this with Matt.
He is BONA FIDE!

I am MYDARNDEST!
Highly recommend Twitter as a way to provide another face to your customers, and another way for them to stay connected to you and what you have going on.
We use Twitter for a month now. I tweet our daily soups, sandwiches, muffins, wuiches and special lattes on there. Still building a follow. Maybe some of you that turned it into a profit making machine, wouldn;t mind sharing hopw you got it to work for you? I only have 12 people following me at this time. Most customers go to the website to see our daily specials. Mind you, we only opened two months ago...

Barbara
twitter.com/cbbakeshop

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service