Has a customer asked you a question or say something that was completely out of line? Let us know here. The most common questions and phrases will become an article for my blog.

~Jennifer

Views: 3759

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

"my latte is all.....foamy. is it suppose to be like that?"-idiot dumb girl
"Can I get a Caramel Macchiato."

To me.... that is 'out of line'

:)
Try a caramel macchiato with 5 pumps vanilla, 3 pumps caramel, nonfat, with no foam and filled to the brim of a 16 oz. Cup. I almost died.

Shuanna said:
"Can I get a Caramel Macchiato." To me.... that is 'out of line'

I guess I am out of line. A couple of weeks ago I returned my totally distasteful Cappuccino to the barista(?) at Starbucks and asked them to please make it over and to use fresh milk when steaming this time. I watched her the first time pick up what looked like a 36 oz pitcher and reheat the milk. Hard to tell how many times it had been reheated. Learned my lesson. She should have said, "Mister, this is Starbucks, what do you expect!"
Ah yes the "Caramel Macchiato"- the obvious bux crowd... Le sigh...

Alexandria said:
Try a caramel macchiato with 5 pumps vanilla, 3 pumps caramel, nonfat, with no foam and filled to the brim of a 16 oz. Cup. I almost died.

Shuanna said:
"Can I get a Caramel Macchiato." To me.... that is 'out of line'

Obviously someone not ready to graduate to a cappuccino.

Dean Morse said:
"my latte is all.....foamy. is it suppose to be like that?"-idiot dumb girl
"Can you put more coffee in here, this is not a cappuccino?" - Customer (Bitter elderly lady).
"I'm sorry to hear that. We try to serve a traditional cappuccino. What was it you'd prefer?" - me
"I worked for Folgers for 30 years. I KNOW what a cappuccino is. Just put more coffee in it."
This is the exact reason to make sure to always learn and improve my Barista skills.

Jeremiah Perrine said:
"Can you put more coffee in here, this is not a cappuccino?" - Customer (Bitter elderly lady).
"I'm sorry to hear that. We try to serve a traditional cappuccino. What was it you'd prefer?" - me
"I worked for Folgers for 30 years. I KNOW what a cappuccino is. Just put more coffee in it."
Or...
"Can I get a turkish coffee?"
"No. I'm sorry. That's the one method we're just not prepared for."
"Do you even know what it is?"
"Yes sir, I'm well aware of what it is. I'm just not willing to serve coffee using a method that I can't do properly."
"Do you have a grinder capable to go that fine? Cause you could just heat the water to boiling using your microwave."
"Sir, we're not able or willing to use a method if we can't do it properly. Which is why you don't see it on our menu. What else can I get you."

I've been doing this for years. I know what turkish coffee is and how to make it. I just don't want to sacrifice my standards. All the sudden, I'm the one being silly?
Dear Customer...Please read the menu before ordering something NOT on the menu.

Jeremiah Perrine said:
Or...
"Can I get a turkish coffee?"
"No. I'm sorry. That's the one method we're just not prepared for."
"Do you even know what it is?"
"Yes sir, I'm well aware of what it is. I'm just not willing to serve coffee using a method that I can't do properly."
"Do you have a grinder capable to go that fine? Cause you could just heat the water to boiling using your microwave."
"Sir, we're not able or willing to use a method if we can't do it properly. Which is why you don't see it on our menu. What else can I get you."

I've been doing this for years. I know what turkish coffee is and how to make it. I just don't want to sacrifice my standards. All the sudden, I'm the one being silly?
"Not as good as in Italy"
"In Italy they do this and that"
"In Italy this costs.."
"Oh... hold on a sec." (*answers phone in the middle of ordering*)

-bry

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service