Thanksgiving after dinner Raspberry Chocolate Americano ala Sidamo

Had just enough Ethiopia Sidamo SCFCU DP left for two double shots from some I'd pulled for QC of a recent Delirium Espresso Blend roast session. (Delirium comprised of 4 beans, 5 roasts) Now at 9 days rest it's frakin' screaming killer good! No I didn't use any of my custom chocolate sauce or raspberry syrup or puree, the beans just sing it all on their own.

These (Debi's and mine) be absolutely killer dessert Americanos nothing added. FWIW pulled some right knock out straight shots too a couple days ago. (At the end of an hour and a half espresso shot QC tasting marathon, talk about overload!!!)

Think I'll NEED to have this Sidamo out as an SO espresso offering for my Roastery Coffeehouse NY Day Grand Opening party!

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have the fresh crop scfcu sidamo and are getting great berry notes as well. Are you guys preserving the acidity or muting for the espresso?
Sounds like we have the same (or at least very similar) Sidamo. I just switched to the SCFCU from last years Guji crop a short time ago. Very happy with it.

I'm a bit of an acid head, absolutely preserving. I like to have acidity rather than just roast notes dance through milk beverages. And personally love straight shots with good acidity too. "Chocolate bomb" shots are fine when in the mood for a "comfort food" shot, but it's the more extreme shots that really sing on my palate. That Sidamo Americano was from the Sidamo roast element of my Delirium Espresso blend. Though I do roast it just a hair slower as the Delirium element than SO for shelf, so I guess muting a barest tad to better balance in the espresso blend.
makes sense. We've debated over the merits of it as a character coffee. I don't know which lot you have, but we bought the oromia coop scfcu, and it has a tart and prevalent acidity that i enjoy. Lots of blackberry/raspberry note where as last year was straight blueberry and cocoa with a lot less acidity. Love the coffee, though.

miKe mcKoffee aka Mike McGinness said:
Sounds like we have the same (or at least very similar) Sidamo. I just switched to the SCFCU from last years Guji crop a short time ago. Very happy with it.

I'm a bit of an acid head, absolutely preserving. I like to have acidity rather than just roast notes dance through milk beverages. And personally love straight shots with good acidity too. "Chocolate bomb" shots are fine when in the mood for a "comfort food" shot, but it's the more extreme shots that really sing on my palate. That Sidamo Americano was from the Sidamo roast element of my Delirium Espresso blend. Though I do roast it just a hair slower as the Delirium element than SO for shelf, so I guess muting a barest tad to better balance in the espresso blend.
I do hope so miKe, ES, my absolute fav SO at this point in my palate reform.
Joe

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service