Anyone here having success with these? If so, how do you structure them? I'm in a midsize town with little coffee culture, but we're getting there... but this would be totally foreign. I'd still like to offer it, but want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before rolling out a great idea in a not-so-great way. 

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Question...what is a tasting fight exactly?
Ya, maybe sharing what a tasting flight is would be good
Sorry. Like you offer one pour-over for, say, $3, and a "tasting flight" of three pourovers for like $7.50 or so. I've not encountered it in person, just seen it on menus in pictures from places like Brown in San Antonio and another I can't think of right now... Obviously it's not a ubiquitous concept, but seems like a cool thing to offer.

I think tasting flights are a great idea.  A while back at my shop we did our take on it that may provide food for thought.  We made an event of it.  One day, $6 for 3 different brew methods and the coffees that we felt were the best way to highlight the brew method. 

If I had it my way, I'd do a similar thing, but would make one coffee several different ways (press, v60, spro, vac pot, etc.).  Have a different coffee highlighted each day you do it.  I'd maybe make Saturdays "flight days" and do a different coffee each week.  Obviously, price should vary based on coffee and on which methods you're using. 

Just a thought.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service