I'm interested in everyone's opinion on whether milk steaming pitchers should be chilled (in the fridge or otherwise) before use or not. I've seen some shops keep their clean pitchers in a fridge, others just keep them on a shelf under the counter.

Are there advantages/disadvantages one way or another?

What do you do, or what is your thought?

Views: 3869

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok... I think you know what I mean. During a rush is something else. I think the question was more of a general question. I think everyone is in agreement on this issue. Case closed?

Brady said:
I don't understand this line of thought - always putting them in the fridge after each use. OK on a slow afternoon, but in the morning? I'd be concerned about your bar fridge temp about half an hour into a rush if you are in the fridge for every single drink. And unless you have 10+ pitchers, I don't see how they are going to be in the fridge long enough to help the bacteria problem. I'm still with Bryan, miKe, and Adrian on this - chill them if you can, but its really no big deal.

And, I don't care what they teach in the SCAA class, NEVER resteam milk (or even hold it for 5 minutes). Just learn how to fill your pitchers.
Brady is my hero.
Chill those pitchers and work on portion control. Never re-steam milk. People are paying for a fresh drink, not re-heated left-overs. Lots of hiphens.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service