alright ya'll, post pictures and stats of your espresso shots! prettiest shot wins a free double espresso at my shop if you ever get to Asheville.

20g dose
30 sec extraction @ 195 F
~2 oz. shot
café remon blend, our espresso blend (sumatra, ethiopia, peru)
syrupy texture, slightly bubbly due to the naked portafilter and outgassing (it's fresh). bit of tart muscadine grape initially, with a bready texture and baker's chocolate finish.

what are your shots looking like?

Views: 1160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jackson,
I can't quite read the make of the machine?
Joe

Jackson Ball said:

/thread
It's a Bezzera.
So far you got my vote. Love to see the finish.
Joe

Jackson Ball said:

/thread
Ahh, thanks Jason.

Jason Haeger said:
It's a Bezzera.
Definitely a big improvement, Jeff. Keep up the work!

Your pouring technique looks to be well on its way to a nice rosetta, but before you get there, keep working on the texture of the milk. Steaming is the most important step in latte art, so master the art of texturing your milk to match the crema, and then the fancy patterns will come naturally.

And hey, keep posting photos!
Chelba coop's Yirgacheffe

15g/0.7 @ 93C

Syrupy mouthfeel, lively, sweet, jam like with notes of blueberries and strawberries.
Attachments:
Ah what the heck:
Shot pulled back in '03 on my old Miss Silvia during PNW Gathering

Few years later shot pulled on Fiorenzato Bricoletta that replaced Missy

Couple of random shots I pulled for the competitors Latte Heart Throwdown we hosted this February 13th

Ahhh, one with the machine he is.......Ready for Miss Silva's granddad are we? <];^)
Sweettttt.
Well this caracolillo or pea bearry, strong bold flavor, no acidity what so ever, and dark cocoa notes. Pull from a Marzoco 26 sec.
Attachments:
Double shots Costa Rican Naranjo.........delicious

are you pulling those shots with heavy cream? dear lord that's some blonding
What. the. hell.

That's one of the grossest shots I've ever seen. Holy blond. Shot run about 8 seconds did it?

-bry

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service