I am a barista in Oklahoma, one of the most uptight states I am aware of when it comes to many things, especially beer and liquor.  Anyway, I am beyond stoked to very soon be a part of helping start a progressive establishment that will incorporate a mixture of hands on, old school espresso and quality coffee with a full liquor bar.  Here is my question:  Other than the obvious "Irish Coffee", I am eagerly looking for suggestions / recipes / books / websites etc. that have tried and true recipes for drinks (hot, cold, blended, flaming, whatever...) mixing espresso, coffee & liquor.  Come on people, I am really counting on some serious feedback from my barista comrades here!  Thank you in advance and all the very best.

Views: 295

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try to get in touch with Alex Negranza(@barista_alex on twitter). He does some bartending in Seattle in addition to being an awesome coffee guy. He did a couple of coffee cocktails at the BGA party during SCAA conference in Houston this year and would be a good resource for some ideas.

Find an Israeli.  When I was there, there were tons of coffee shops that served alcohol.  Unfortunately I only remember whiskey and espresso.

I'm always down for a good coffee cocktail. Let me know if there's anything I can do. BaristaAlex (at) gmail

We are doing coffee for a local brewery. They have won gold medal with their coffee porter; It's a lighter porter with some crisp citric notes and we are doing a 50/50 blend of our Kenya French Mission and a Costa Rica from Rio Jorco for this. We also did another Kenya for Odell Brewing's Mercenary IPA. It's a very citrus forward beer, and the Kenya had similar tasting notes. 

I would encourage you to do a drink that highlights both components vs doing something with booze and coffee (at least to serve :). If you do an espresso martini right it comes out pretty well, but you have to had at least two shots.

Have fun!

Phil

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service