I am in the market for a new grinder. I have a Robur e and a Kony e and would like another for single origin. I like the grinders that I have now but thought maybe I would try something new. It has to be doserless though. Anyone tried the Mahlkonig twin? How is the taste etc?

Views: 186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's not like we order up an extra 25lbs of coffee to run it through the grinder and then dump into the garbage can. The beans we use are ones that we save for specifically that purpose. When beans go past date, like 7 days, we pull the bag from the shelf and put it into a large container. When new burrs come around you know you need to break them in right? If you have 2 bags "date out" over a roast period that's pretty good inventory monitoring. If we were to summarize it to 1 bag a week (exceptional inventory monitoring) that's 52 pounds a year. Seems obvious to me what to use that coffee for...

No offense to you or your company, but you realize running beans over brand new burrs is a horrible idea and produces extremely sour and gassy shots right?

This isn't a practice I've done at 1 company or shop, this is a practice I have done at all 9 of the different companies I have worked for, be it a tiny little shop or a large roasting company. It's just standard practice...

I'd be surprised if there is any progressive coffee company out there that doesn't break in their burrs.

-bry
Thats probably a good idea

Jeff Jaworski said:
Bryan Wray said:
I worked with a Mahlkonig single hopper version a couple years ago and clumping was pretty bad, but I've heard that they have addressed this issue.
-bry

I've also heard this from other owners and seen it's clumping firsthand as well. Stay away IMO... it's much too $$$ for a flat-burr grinder anyways.

Just go with another Robur E and use your Kony E for the SO's. Problem solved!
Jeff Jaworski said:
a Super Caimano sitting on the counter

Noooooo.... haha

-bry

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service