As we are looking at remodeling our packaging we are looking at different wholesale suppliers.  

We stock 12oz, 2lb and 5lb bags.

Requirements for our packaging:

- Foil

-Side seal (not back)

-Gusseted Bags

-"Natural Kraft" for the finish.  

We do not need quad seal or zip top.

If you know of or are a wholesale supplier that carries bags meeting these requirements we would love to hear about pricing.

Thanks guys,

-bry

Views: 239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shameless bump.

-bry

Have you tried Pack Plus or Pacific Bag?

Just throwing this out there...Pacific Bag?

Yeah we are with Pacific Bag right now, but their bags only have a seal on the back and it looks horrible (IMO), especially if you want to have the degassing valve on the back of the bag and not front and center (ie- you can't spin the bag around).

Are there really just like 4-5 companies that supply the whole industry with bags?

-bry

Bryan Wray said:

Yeah we are with Pacific Bag right now, but their bags only have a seal on the back and it looks horrible (IMO), especially if you want to have the degassing valve on the back of the bag and not front and center (ie- you can't spin the bag around).

Are there really just like 4-5 companies that supply the whole industry with bags?

-bry

North Atlantic specialty bag. I have my valves put on the back--no charge for the special placement, and they get them out within a few days.

Give me a shout if you want more info.

Thank you.  Hadn't seen them yet.

-bry

Can you provide the company details here? also are that competitive in pricing? 

Matt B said:

Bryan Wray said:

-bry

North Atlantic specialty bag. I have my valves put on the back--no charge for the special placement, and they get them out within a few days.

Give me a shout if you want more info.

northatlanticbags.com

Pricing is very competitive.

-----

I did some shopping around a few months ago, looking for some specific colors in stock bags. There really aren't a lot of options out there. One place I contacted turned out to be PBI, under a different name/brand.

Pricing is cheaper than Pacific Bag, I can tell you that.

-bry

I was with PacPlus for a few years until they started to screw up...now with Pacific Bag, much better customer service although i have the problem of the seal in the back.  customer service is so good that i can put up with the seal in the back.

yes, companies like to do that, place websites under 4 or more different names.  the experts at that are Pacplus, they will outright deny that the company is associated with Pacplus when they are.  i ended up receiving an invoice from the same acct receivable person, with the same format and address, only the name was different. but even then, thjey kept denying it was the same company....sneaky.

bottom line, i am with pacific bag and very happy.
Matt B said:

northatlanticbags.com

Pricing is very competitive.

-----

I did some shopping around a few months ago, looking for some specific colors in stock bags. There really aren't a lot of options out there. One place I contacted turned out to be PBI, under a different name/brand.

we do not market or sell under any name other than Pacific Bag, Inc. (PBi).

we do use a master distributor in hawaii and germany, but these bags are marketed as Pacific Bag.

I have seen this done by others and we agree it is shady. let us know if you see this done with our name, it is not knowb=n baout or approved by PBi.

Mark

CEO

Pacific Bag

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service