I work at a small coffee shop at our church that uses a Rancilio Epoca E 2-group - a great little machine that makes great espresso.

We're opening a shop soon and am working on figuring out which espresso machine to use. I'm considering the new Classe 9 by Rancilio.

Anyone have great experiences or bad experiences with Rancilio machines?

Views: 197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have the classe 9 at the cafe that I work at and its been great! It pulls better shots than elektras and la marzoccos that I've worked on

The only way to make that claim with real meaning is IF same coffee same grinder used all machines.

Jordon Jeschke said:

We have the classe 9 at the cafe that I work at and its been great! It pulls better shots than elektras and la marzoccos that I've worked on

Agreed, you can ruin all the perks of having the top of the line machine by fudging on the grinder.

Anyway, we use an older model classe 10 at our church cafe and it's great. You can pick one up for like 1000 on ebay. Personally, i use an Aurelia and i love it. It's much better than the classe 10 but also a few year newer. 

Again, whatever you do get a good grinder and you'll get the best out of your machine. I go with compak or mazzer.

Mike McGinness said:

The only way to make that claim with real meaning is IF same coffee same grinder used all machines.

Jordon Jeschke said:

Thanks guys. I'm planning to go with the Mahlkonig K30 Twin grinder for our espresso set-up. I know the grinder is one of the 'king-pins' of great espresso.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service