Quick input needed about how much brewed coffee to plan on for a local Fun Run

Hi all, I LOVE BARISTA EXCHANGE! I find this part about getting input from others so incredibly helpful....so thank you in advance!

I am wondering, has anyone pfovided brewed coffee for a Fun Run? And if so, how much coffee did you go through? I hear that there are 2000 runners in this upcoming run but i also know tht there are alot of families and a good number of kids. How do i know how many coffee drinkers to plan for? Half? a third? HELP!

Thanks all......

Sue

Eugene Coffee Company

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not a runner (except for the call to dinner) but I would speculate that very few of the runners are going to want to drink coffee. Water and electrolyte replacers - yes.

Depending on the weather, a percentage of the folks watching the race will want coffee (and tea and hot chocolate for the kids).

Silly question: are you selling the coffee or giving it away? More people will grab a cup of free coffee whether they want it or not.

Another question: are the bystanders bunched up near the coffee station or are they spread out over the entire course? The distance between the bystander and the coffee station will also make a difference.

More questions than help, I am afraid.

Since you asked, I would guess on serving coffee to 10% of the bystanders (and 0% for the runners)

Yet another question: how fast can you get more coffee to the coffee station if you start running low and have underestimated demand?

"the oldest guy at the party"

Hi Ron!

Thank you so much for your input and your questions....it all helps me to think about things i may not have thought about as i trek into new territory!

The coffee will be free and more like a sampling for runners after the race so i assume many runners and watchers will want some. Im going to use 8 or 6 ounce cups.

There is an awards ceremony after the race and that is when i assume people will want coffee but it is hard to know with all of the variables.

I think the key is something you mentioned...how long would it take to get more coffee to the site...im going to have runners/drivers who can go and grab more and bring it.

I think its going to be a trial and hopefully little error kind of event this first time! Probably will work out just fine though.

thanks again Ron!

Sue

The runners won"t drink coffee and about 10% of the bystanders. The runners will eat fruit or water or drink electrolyte replacers  we did a event like this and the bystander will bring things with them.

Thanks Tom!!! I appreciate your input!

We've done a number of runs like this we'll typically send out 10 gallons of regular and about 2.5 of decaf. Sometimes we could have used a bit more sometimes there's leftovers. If its going to be early in the morning you may want to have the ability to restock.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service