Here at Caffe Mela all the baristas are going to get their very own custom tamper. I've been looking all over online for some really sweet creative tampers but I just can't find anything much cooler than colored tamps. Please help me and my fellow baristas out!

brandi

Views: 1209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Derryl Reid said:

I do not know much about these, and now IM curious!
Brandi,

The most well known craftsman to seek out would be Reg Barber .

Also Thor Tampers make some really awesome all wood tampers.
Great idea.

I'm sure you've already checked out these guys, but just in case.

I know both Espresso Parts and Reg have custom engraving options and/or custom delrin inserts.

Hope that helps.
hey guys!

Thanks so much for all your help! I have checked out all these sites previously and by far my favorites are all the La Forza tamps. I'm just not sure how to order them and it doesn't look like they have much for sale.

We have a few of those really great colored wooden tampers and they're adorable!

I'm starting to wonder now if it's at all possible to decorate your own?
Any thoughts?

brandi
awsome! i was definitely torn between RB tampers and these kind so its good to get some feedback. i dont think ive ever tried the ninth street before
By far the most attractive and finest tampers I have seen in the U.S. are the TORR Tampers distributed by Artazza. (www.artaza.com )

The quality is first class and the option of a titanium base in black makes a gorgeous tamper.
thanks robert! they really are gorgeous and i haven't ever seen these before! how awesome!
I find Reg Barber a little boring, check out the Aussie Pullman tampers, they are beautifully made and awesome to use - the height is also adjustable (parts come with every tamper) so no matter how big or small your handsm, you can change it to suit you. I can't use anything else now :p
www.coffeetamper.com.au
ditto on the Torr's. The titanium tamper bases are not a mirror type finish though like their stainless bases. It still does a good job polishing the puck, but it's not quite the same. Probably doesn't make a lick' of difference in the resulting shot.

~j

Robert Bedwell said:
By far the most attractive and finest tampers I have seen in the U.S. are the TORR Tampers distributed by Artazza. (www.artaza.com )

The quality is first class and the option of a titanium base in black makes a gorgeous tamper.
Just a note, I would suggest taking the baristas to Coffee Fest or somewhere where they can get their hands on a bunch of tampers that feel great to them. There is little worse than having to endure an 8 hour shift on bar with a tamper that doesn't fit your hand properly.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service