Ever need to replace one of these? And wonder why they cost $15 to $25?

No biggy you say. But then what if you needed them for nine grinders, it starts to add up fast!
Well, for 70 cents each I went another route.

M5 -.8 50mm hex bolt with 3/16" shrink wrap. They work great at less than $7 for all nine grinders instead of around $200. :)

Views: 816

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike,
Did the originals break? What I'm wondering is why 9 needed to be replaced. Great fix by the way.
Perfect!

You know, what you really need to do to cut down on adjustment lever breakage is to make a little note that says "Do Not Adjust Grinder" and tape it to the front of the doser. I see them all over the place...
FWIW didn't need the adjustment pins because of breakage but because I acquired all 13 of our Mazzers used and rarely do they come with the pin. All three locations had at least one or two pins for 4 grinders. Had. Each location got down to one pin because they'd get set down after removing to switch it to another grinder and later get lost. Can you say down the knock chute and then not fish it out? (I suspect anyway)

Brady said:
... make a little note that says "Do Not Adjust Grinder" and tape it to the front of the doser. I see them all over the place...

Ha!

Man those notes take me back :) Glad to be away from those shops for sure.

-bry

Mike McGinness said:
...Can you say down the knock chute and then not fish it out? (I suspect anyway)

Sooo... I'm not supposed to throw them away? I'm confused...

;p

-bry
Nice try, but the Roastery Coffeehouse/Lab never had more than one and still has one original!

Then again suppose you may have snuck in after hours and tossed 'em at Downtown and/or Java Nation just to mess with the staff. :)

Bryan Wray said:

Mike McGinness said:
...Can you say down the knock chute and then not fish it out? (I suspect anyway)

Sooo... I'm not supposed to throw them away? I'm confused...

;p

-bry

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service