Hey, with Christmas just around the corner, coffee house-wise, we're wanting to start stocking our small retail section with some really cool gift ideas. Unfortunately, our focus since we opened in March, has been to get the drinks, food and service just right. So, we're now looking for some help on ideas (personal grinders, home french presses, retail coffee bags, gift cards, mugs, bean jewelry, coffee art, etc) and wholesale sources on what we should be stocking (pun intended!) up on! Let us hear from y'all on what has worked (and not worked).

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are a few things that have worked out for us...
buttons, coffee mugs (both travel and ceramic), tshirts, hoodies, hats, and stickers. (all of these have our logo on them)
also- chapstick (merry hempster) tea tins, french presses, bombillas, mate, boxed chai.

Hope that helps!!!
You can order bulk from Bodum for french presses. Classy looking Chambords and some more modern looking designs sell really well around here. Some good home grinders are always in demand
I was also wondering about this. Does anyone put together simple gift baskets?
Coffee, Mug, French Press, etc...?
Does anyone know where to buy coffee bags/ kraft/ for whole beans? We tried the retail bags pre-filled by our roaster but the turn around wasn't fast enough too many went stale. We have been filling plastic bags straight from our hoppers but I know beans do better in specialized bags.
We usually put some gift baskets together for the Christmas season. I usually try to hit different price points and different themes. I will do some simple ones with a mug and maybe a 1 pot bag of beans or a packet of hot chocolate. Then I do some that run $50 and up with grinders, french presses, etc. I have also done baskets with only tea and maybe a tea pot, or a chocolate themed one. The lower priced ones seem to be popular with parents buying gifts for their kids' teachers. I think having a variety of price points and options has worked well for us.
I ordered some empty 1 lb and 1/2 lb retail bags from my roaster with my sticker on them.

Denise Smith said:
Does anyone know where to buy coffee bags/ kraft/ for whole beans? We tried the retail bags pre-filled by our roaster but the turn around wasn't fast enough too many went stale. We have been filling plastic bags straight from our hoppers but I know beans do better in specialized bags.
I also carry some smaller items that people can pick up to make their own gift baskets with. Coffee candies, biscottis (I have been carrying Be-bop for a while now), chocolate covered espresso beans, chocolate dipped spoons, etc.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service