I am interested in knowing about how long it takes to make a latte, not sacrificing quality.

just interested in inspiring my baristas to work more quickly, and want to give them a good benchmark.

Views: 4935

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I say 1:30 to make an 8oz latte from start to service is a good number to reach for. 

I'd say about a minute. Maybe 75 seconds.

About 1:30 from start to finish. Make sure you don't stop timing until portafilter is clear and milk pitcher clean and ready for the next drink though.

This may depend somewhat on the speed of your grinder and bar layout though.

Good call Brady.  There's your extra 15 seconds.  I made a point of timing some of my drinks today.  65 to 75 seconds all day long for 8 and 12 ounce lattes.  Add about 20 seconds for clean up and you've got about a minute thirty.

We're working with a Mazzer Major that grinds a 21 gram dose in about 4.5 seconds and pulling a 27 second shot.  Iced drinks take longer because of the extra steps and cappuccinos take less time because of the smaller amount of milk to steam. We've got a pitcher rinser too which I can't even emphasize enough how useful it is.   

Brady said:

About 1:30 from start to finish. Make sure you don't stop timing until portafilter is clear and milk pitcher clean and ready for the next drink though.

Zack, you may also be faster than me.

zack burnett said:

Good call Brady.  There's your extra 15 seconds.  I made a point of timing some of my drinks today.  65 to 75 seconds all day long for 8 and 12 ounce lattes.  Add about 20 seconds for clean up and you've got about a minute thirty.

We're working with a Mazzer Major that grinds a 21 gram dose in about 4.5 seconds and pulling a 27 second shot.  Iced drinks take longer because of the extra steps and cappuccinos take less time because of the smaller amount of milk to steam. We've got a pitcher rinser too which I can't even emphasize enough how useful it is.   

Brady said:

Amen to the pitcher rinser! 

zack burnett said:

Brady said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service