Anyone know where I can find a RELIABLE source of #1 filters for a V60?  It's a crap shoot with the suppliers I know of, as to whether or not they will be in stock, backorder, discontinued... etc etc.  Driving me nuts...  NOT the number 2 filters, those are everywhere (well, they're on backorder everywhere, lol).

Also, if anyone knows of a source where they don't cost more than 5 cents a piece that would be fantastic.  Pricing on Hario stuff is a little ridiculous if you ask me... $6 for 100 filters?  Really?

-bry

Views: 247

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone, anyone at all? 10% off of a $1,000 really isn't helping me here, Hario. I see a lot of folks using V60s, where are the filters coming from?

-bry
That's pretty much what you're gonna get no matter who you go through if you're trying to get wholesale from a Hario distributor. My best suggestion would be to approach other cafe's locally, try to get a group order together of over $4k and get the 40% off. My guess would be that that's where most are getting their filters, or someone smart locally is ordering a ton of them and reselling.

Bryan Wray said:
Anyone, anyone at all? 10% off of a $1,000 really isn't helping me here, Hario. I see a lot of folks using V60s, where are the filters coming from?

-bry
http://www.amazon.com/Hario-Filter-Misarashi-Dripper-100sheets/dp/B...

5.7 cents per. not bad and seem to be in stock.
Avenue 18 or something like that. Outta Canada, he's Japanese so communication isn't the smoothest.
The Amazon shop listed is Prima Supply. They are in Louisville, KY and you can order direct from them. http://prima-coffee.com/catalog/hario-coffee-brown-paper-filter-size-01-v60-brewer-100-count-9680

Jared Rutledge said:
http://www.amazon.com/Hario-Filter-Misarashi-Dripper-100sheets/dp/B...

5.7 cents per. not bad and seem to be in stock.
I'd checked Prima's site prior and they were backordered, thanks for the update that they are back in stock. For the record, they're a bX sponsor... their ad is on the right sidebar, right above this post I'd imagine.

Unfortunate how much these filters cost, though. Yeah it's only 6 cents per, but that's like 3x as much as a filter for a Beehouse/Melitta pourover. I realize it's a different filter style and manufacturing method and all that, but com-mon.

-bry
does anyone know what the difference in size is between the #2 and #1 drippers? i am using #2 drippers and #2 filters, but i never fill more than an inch below the rim - could i switch to #1 filters and get away with it?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service