I am trying to decide between two La Marzocco models

2-Group Linea Semi-Auto

2-Group GB5 Semi-Auto

Which is better for a new store? Thoughts?

Views: 683

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You need access to the Factory or Technician level of programming, not just the Barista Level.

1. Press and Hold the "PROGRAMMING" button , (the spiral), on Group 1 keypad till the password screen appears.
2. Enter the Technician Level Password
3. Press the "MODE" button till Pre-brewing screen appears (about three times?).
4. If Pre-brewing is not "ENABLED", use the "+" or "-" button to change it to "ENABLED" and "ENTER"
5. When enabled, the screen shows "T(tot)" and "T(on)". T(tot) is the total time for pre-infusion during which the pump stays on for T(on) and is off for the rest of the T(tot). Be sure T(tot) > T(on). "ENTER"
6. Repeat the procedure for all groups
7. When finished, press "MODE" to program other parameters or press "ON/OFF" to exit programming.

Note: T(Tot) and T(on) are in 0.1 seconds. Hence value 10 equals 1 second. Also, setting "T(tot) = 0" and "T(on) = 0" disables pre-brewing for that group.

Hope this helps.
mine's a semi-auto(EE), there's no spiral. do the semis have pre-infusion?
I am not familiar with the semi- auto. Never owned one. May be someone from La Marzocco USA would chime in.
there's nothing in the manual about it. maybe it has to have volumetrics to do pre-infusion? seems weird though, some paddle groups obviously have it.
EE's don't have preinfusion, the way they do it in the AV models is to cycle the pump followed by a pause. You can accomplish the same results manually but it would be nice for repeatability for it to be programmable.

Jared Rutledge said:
there's nothing in the manual about it. maybe it has to have volumetrics to do pre-infusion? seems weird though, some paddle groups obviously have it.
well also by using line pressure, i don't want to preinfuse with 9bar
Linea and the GS3 definitely use pump pressure when preinfusing. Not positive about the GB5, I would think that you don't get 9bar in the few tents of a second that the pump is activated but I could be completely wrong.
Rao calls it fake preinfusion. I'd wait for Strada.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service