Didn't see any threads on this, and since I can't post on the thread on coffeed.com, I thought I would start one here.

I do a lot of manual brew at home, multiple methods, and actually have been scraping by with a postal scale from Walmart. However, I want something more specifically geared to what I am doing. So I saw this one online:

http://bit.ly/bt31dm

...and realized that I had seen one very like it on Nick Cho's video on brewing with the v60, or something. (Incidentally, I thought it was extremely funny....and I am guessing that it was Nick's)

What do you use? Do you recommend it? Why or why not?

I generally aim for multipurpose tools, as space and finances are limited, so it has to weigh beans, water, the baby, .....ok, kidding about the baby.

Posting links in your comments would be oh so helpful, too!

Thanks!

Views: 1908

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes...

That's a great idea.

I just sent a text to my son to pick me up a gram scale.

His response...

"I always figured this whole coffee thing was just a front."

Andy Atkinson said:
My favorite place to buy gram scales... the local head shop. Where there's one head shop there's usually more, that means huge selection in one area. The scales are usually cheap and accurate (they probably assume you need accuracy and they will be confiscated regularly). Seriously, head shop. That and Target has a few that work well for brewing on.
i payed $13 for a pocket scale with shipping, let me see if I can find it online, its quite nice!

http://www.scalesgalore.com/ppocket.htm
I lucked out and found a Salter Digital gram scale at Ross for $10.

Actually, I've found quite a few great deals at Ross.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service