Can anyone recommend any shops in Charlotte or Asheville, NC?

Views: 379

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dripolator right near Asheville.
Central Coffee Co. in Charlotte
Izzys in Aville is fine, the service is....interesting whenever I go there.
World Cafe in Aville (not affiliated with me before anyone asks)

I just got back espresso shop hopping the Aville area this past weekend.
In Charlotte-Central Coffee, The Coffee Garden and Dilworth Coffee-East Blvd.
In Asheville-Dripolator.
Stop and see Jared at Waking Life in Asheville. +1 on the Drip as well.

+1 also on Jason's Charlotte suggestions (thanks again, Jason). You're welcome to stop in and see us at The Coffee Garden... though its a bit off the beaten path. Let me know when you're coming. Your best bets right in Charlotte are Central Coffee and Dilworth East Blvd. For overall experience, I'd also add Amelie's to that list - they've got some great baristas working now and the most focused espresso menu in Charlotte, plus awesome pastries. We have some exciting new places getting ready to open too, so depending on when you are here I'll have 2 more places to suggest.

When are you coming?
Oh yeah, I forgot about Jared and Waking Life. Def go by there.

Brady said:

+1 also on Jason's Charlotte suggestions (thanks again, Jason). You're welcome to stop in and see us at The Coffee Garden... though its a bit off the beaten path. Let me know when you're coming. Your best bets right in Charlotte are Central Coffee and Dilworth East Blvd. For overall experience, I'd also add Amelie's to that list - they've got some great baristas working now and the most focused espresso menu in Charlotte, plus awesome pastries. We have some exciting new places getting ready to open too, so depending on when you are here I'll have 2 more places to suggest.

When are you coming?
Brady said:

When are you coming?

I need to stop by the Coffee Garden myself as I have not!

So I'm heading to Charlotte next week and want to visit a few shops and this post is just over a year old.  Have there been any new shop openings in the last year that I need to stop by?

Thanks guys!

Waking Life Espresso in Asheville is definitely worth a stop, and the espresso program at The Dripolator Coffeebar is very solid.

I personally think the brewed coffee scene in Black Mountain is much better than it is in Asheville.  It's a town of only 8,000 about 20 minutes east of Asheville.  There are two local roasters, The Dripolator Coffeehouse and Dynamite Coffee Roasters, both source good coffees seasonal lots and spend a lot of time getting the roasts right.  Both shops have manual brewing programs and nice outdoor seating.

Black Mountain is also home to the most respected brewery in the area, Pisgah Brewing Company, They have sweet taproom and lots of outdoor seating.

It's just beautiful there this time of year.  I miss it.

Coffee in Charlotte has changed quite a bit in the past year. The two I recommended earlier are still good options, as is the Coffee Garden. Add to that list Not Just Coffee (Counter Culture) at 15th and Davidson streets, not too far from Hwy 277. You should also consider Cast Iron Waffles, a Cultiva customer, if you are on the far south side. There's another promising newcomer that I haven't visited yet, but I'll let you know after I stop by.

Drew Petrowski said:

So I'm heading to Charlotte next week and want to visit a few shops and this post is just over a year old.  Have there been any new shop openings in the last year that I need to stop by?

Thanks guys!

Just came down to Charlotte to visit a good friend and take CCC's Intermediate Espresso Lab. Will be sure to stop in the Coffee Garden tomorrow AM when I head out to Durham/Raleigh for two days.

Not Just Coffee closed shop and are relocating to a new location. Visited Central Cofee and had an unpleasant and bitter shot. What is the newcomer that you speak of?

+1 for Walking Life, Dripolator, and Izzy's Coffee Den. Stopped in Asheville two days ago and each of them provided excellent quality.

Staying out by Lake Wylie, SW of the city.
I ended up going to Dillworth on East Blvd and Central Coffee...unfortunately the espresso at both places was on par with starbucks.  I really wanted to head down to the garden but just ran out of time, I'll definitely stop by next time I'm up there.
Check out Not Just Coffee next visit too, they pulled me a couple good shots of CC Aficionado.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service