Hey everyone,

The main espresso machine at my work decided to go on strike for the weekend so we are only able to use our 2 group for today and tomorrow until we can get a tech out on monday, which when you're running a double drive thru store, does not make it easy to get drinks out in a timely manner.

It's a La Marzocco and it isn't making hot water...it's making water, just not hot like it should be which in my experience tells me that the boiler(s) aren't heating... It was working fine yesterday so any ideas as to what would all of a sudden cause this and what I can possibly do to fix it??

Views: 39

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Casha..... are you by any chance using Bob Miller from RJM for the LM repairs?
If the master switch is only on 'fill' instead of 'heat', that could be the problem. Otherwise it would probably be something you would need the tech for...
Sorry to hear about your problems, how come the techies dont work weekends?
Do you have no hot water out of the groups, and no steam out of the steam wands? If its just no steam/tea water, then it's probably the pressure stat. Other way around, and it's probably a heat element in the brew boiler. Does the sight glass look normal? If it's both, then maybe a brain issue. Fun stuff.
if it's the water out of the groups, there might be an easy fix. i had the same problem on my la marzocco a few months ago. if you lift up to top front piece (not the grates, but the part above the groups) there will be a little button all the way on the left-hand side. press that. i can't remember exactly what it's called or what it does, but it fixed out problem of not hot water coming out of the groups. hope this helps.
Thats the temp saftey sensor. When it trips it flips up a little button. It means the top of that group got too hot, and would lead one to believe there are other issues.

Colleen said:
if it's the water out of the groups, there might be an easy fix. i had the same problem on my la marzocco a few months ago. if you lift up to top front piece (not the grates, but the part above the groups) there will be a little button all the way on the left-hand side. press that. i can't remember exactly what it's called or what it does, but it fixed out problem of not hot water coming out of the groups. hope this helps.
No...we are not. Why do you ask?

Al Sterling said:
Casha..... are you by any chance using Bob Miller from RJM for the LM repairs?
I checked that... thanks! It ended up being a total mechanical error, nothing we could have done to prevent it or fix it. 2 parts had to be replaced... :( but our dear ol' machine is up and running again thank goodness!! Thanks for the help!

Stephen Curtis said:
If the master switch is only on 'fill' instead of 'heat', that could be the problem. Otherwise it would probably be something you would need the tech for...
I have no idea... don't they know that on the weekends people still need their fix??

Alun Evans said:
Sorry to hear about your problems, how come the techies dont work weekends?
Thanks for the reply and the help in trouble shooting. It actually ended up being a total mechanical error; nothing we could have done to prevent it or fix it, simple wear and tear... why it had to do it on a saturday morning... I have no clue! :)

Kevin Ayers said:
Do you have no hot water out of the groups, and no steam out of the steam wands? If its just no steam/tea water, then it's probably the pressure stat. Other way around, and it's probably a heat element in the brew boiler. Does the sight glass look normal? If it's both, then maybe a brain issue. Fun stuff.
It ended up being a total mechanical error, nothing we could have done to prevent it or fix it. 2 parts had to be replaced... :( but our dear ol' machine is up and running again thank goodness!! Thanks for the help!

Colleen said:
if it's the water out of the groups, there might be an easy fix. i had the same problem on my la marzocco a few months ago. if you lift up to top front piece (not the grates, but the part above the groups) there will be a little button all the way on the left-hand side. press that. i can't remember exactly what it's called or what it does, but it fixed out problem of not hot water coming out of the groups. hope this helps.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2021   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service