Do you think Espresso and Whipped Cream is Gross ???

Views: 1041

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

no.
except i have gotten some with wayyy too much whipped cream.
not cool.

i say to each his own and drink what you love.
No way! I tried some amazing drinks (espresso + WC) in Vienna. I also make some myself. try the Austrian Einspanner (sweetened espresso +wiped cream). Occasionally, with friends, can be real fun. Checkout the attached picture.

Eyal /ROASTe.com

Use high grade whipping cream, not the crap in a can....
yeah, like real home made whipp, i love it one of my favorie drinks actually
i don't like it at all...
I like whipped cream on my pie, not my espresso but that's just me.
For me it is the coldness of the whip cream that turns me off.
i like one every once in a while as a treat. in fact when i saw this i hopped behind the counter and Whipped one up.
yes it is gross.

Chris Hooton said:
For me it is the coldness of the whip cream that turns me off.
I frequent a shop that recently added the Con Panna to their menu. This was quite a shock, considering their menu only has the essential espresso beverages (ristretto, mach., cap, 8oz latte, 12oz mocha). I asked the barista about it, and she made one for me...not using "charged" or sweetened whipped cream; rather, they use cold heavy whipping cream, right out of the carton, and use one of those little milk frothing tools (the ones that spin really fast to create some texture), and then pour on top of the espresso, serving in a 3oz demi. With this method, the barista is able to pour latte art, and not screw up the espresso with all that sweetness.
That sounds like it would be worth trying. Did you like it?

Justin Holinka said:
I frequent a shop that recently added the Con Panna to their menu. This was quite a shock, considering their menu only has the essential espresso beverages (ristretto, mach., cap, 8oz latte, 12oz mocha). I asked the barista about it, and she made one for me...not using "charged" or sweetened whipped cream; rather, they use cold heavy whipping cream, right out of the carton, and use one of those little milk frothing tools (the ones that spin really fast to create some texture), and then pour on top of the espresso, serving in a 3oz demi. With this method, the barista is able to pour latte art, and not screw up the espresso with all that sweetness.
As you know all too well, I am not the biggest fan of dairy. But, I did appreciate the texture and, I must admit, it tasted pretty good (this coming from a person who rarely even drinks a mach.).

I'd be curious to see what some of you think!

Daniel Williamson said:
That sounds like it would be worth trying. Did you like it?

Justin Holinka said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service