Has anyone had any experience using Coffee Shop Manager? We are opening a specialty coffee shop and creperie. looking for POS system. I saw an add in Fresh Cup magazine and wanted to look into it. We were thinking of going with the Square system. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 835

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, I have been in the coffee business now for awhile and although Coffee Shop Manager has done a lot for the industry I think there are better platforms out there that cost significantly less money. I have used manager and have tested or used 4 different cloud programs (Revel, POS Lavu, Shopkeep, and Instore). We have been users of instore now for 3 years and in my opinion is the best options out there for coffeehouses. Rates are great, customer service is incredible, and the system is stable. Please if you contact them please let them know that Caleb from Cold Smoke Coffeehouse referred you. If you have specific questions about any of those systems I would be happy to assist.

Thank you Caleb, I appreciate it.

Caleb Walker said:

Hey, I have been in the coffee business now for awhile and although Coffee Shop Manager has done a lot for the industry I think there are better platforms out there that cost significantly less money. I have used manager and have tested or used 4 different cloud programs (Revel, POS Lavu, Shopkeep, and Instore). We have been users of instore now for 3 years and in my opinion is the best options out there for coffeehouses. Rates are great, customer service is incredible, and the system is stable. Please if you contact them please let them know that Caleb from Cold Smoke Coffeehouse referred you. If you have specific questions about any of those systems I would be happy to assist.

ONe more to check out, VendHQ...this one also has a good backup team and a nice interface to work on

I highly recommend Square or ShopKeep. These days, there is just no reason to use anything else or pay through the nose for an expensive set up. We've used Square for over three years and I wouldn't use anything else. Super easy set up, gift card integration, rewards integration, and the rates are really good for processing. Plus, they are always adding new features.

Ive been looking at Instore and Square. The problem is customer service. Square does not have any. also the client data is stored with square and Instore you have all the client data. The rewards program is huge as well. I don't think square offers a rewards program other than gift cards and they are quite expensive in comparison. Ive never looked at shop keep though. Ill have to check it out. Any more feed back is appreciated.

Square will assign you a customer service rep. Also, the basic rewards program is free (electronic punch cards by phone or email).

Hope that helps.

It does, Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Try revel. It is a great option also. I have alot of experience with inventory control and analysis and found revels system is a smoother ride on the back end then other conpetitors.

I use Selby soft great system and great support. You get what you pay for.

Thanks for the endorsement Kathy :)!  

Kathy Fadorsen said:

I use Selby soft great system and great support. You get what you pay for.

Aloha Ted,

We have been using CSM for many years when the company was CSM. When they were a small company and there support and POS system were great but since they merge with

Granberry the company has changed so much, support fees, transfer fees, update fees etc

it's all about money now, since last year we switch to square and really enjoyed their support, fees, equipment cost, lease program and most of all their CC fees, 2.75% with no swipe fees. Ask square for a free demo.

Note: We have 4 stores now on square and the owners really enjoy the system.

Mahalo 

Thanks Steve, I appreciate your input. I think we are definitely leaning towards the Square. The only thing I don't like is the price of their reward cards. But I think it may all balance out in the long run.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service