I wonder if there is any country had a museum about coffee, anyone know perhaps where can I find it?

Views: 310

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Louise, apa kabar? I know of, and have visited, the Trieste Museum of Coffee in Trieste, Italy. It was during a trip to an expo there. I thought it was actually bloody interesting, although those travelling with me were not quite as enthused. It has been open since 1906. Here is a link relating to that site as well as (amazingly) 10 other museums. The closest is actually very close- in Mareeba, QLD, but I have not visited that and can not comment
I found one by accident, in Krakow, Poland. Got lots of very strange, antique roasters, wonderful place!
Also, if you are really on an adventure, head to El Museo del Cafe in Matagalpa, Nicaragua. Right in the heart of the coffee growing region there, and the staff can tell you absolutely everything you'd ever want to know about coffee, and more.
The Burke Museum in Seattle, WA has a traveling exhibit on coffee. Really awesome. They actually did a free lecture series on coffee as well. I don't know where it is now, but it was pretty cool.
The Burke Museum travel exhibit is preparing to tour Portland with Coffee- The World in Your Cup. The travel displays will offer smaller over all exhibits than in Seattle, but will will amaze even the most experienced coffee veteran. Seattle is still exhibiting thru September.

I would love to see a full time coffee museum that offers awsome displays of ancient coffee harvesting tools, brewing paraphernalia, books about coffee, laboratory equipment, and any old coffee utensils. This would include everything from various culture planting tools, and apparatus that would include the first grinding and roasting implements.

Personally, I own a number of old coffee tools, utensils, and different type of brewers. But my favorite coffee collection is my ancient books on coffee by various authors and or organizations. I love to read through them periodically and capture a vicarious journey of those who marched before us, to improve our industry.
Definitely head to Matagalpa, Nicaragua then! History of coffee in the region since the 1800s- and it's a lot more focussed on coffee growing rather than retail; farm machinery, not espresso machines.

Rich Abker said:
The Burke Museum travel exhibit is preparing to tour Portland with Coffee- The World in Your Cup. The travel displays will offer smaller over all exhibits than in Seattle, but will will amaze even the most experienced coffee veteran. Seattle is still exhibiting thru September.

I would love to see a full time coffee museum that offers awsome displays of ancient coffee harvesting tools, brewing paraphernalia, books about coffee, laboratory equipment, and any old coffee utensils. This would include everything from various culture planting tools, and apparatus that would include the first grinding and roasting implements.

Personally, I own a number of old coffee tools, utensils, and different type of brewers. But my favorite coffee collection is my ancient books on coffee by various authors and or organizations. I love to read through them periodically and capture a vicarious journey of those who marched before us, to improve our industry.
The best Coffee Museum I have seen so far in my travels is at Coffee Works in Mareeba North Queensland Australia. They have over 2000 brewing bits from all over the world. It was part of Coffee Historian Ian Bernsteins Collection. Amazing stuff and displayed well with hours of self tour audio.

Worth the trip to OZ

Sean
@ Alun Evans : Hey Alun im great just fallin in love more and more to coffee. How r u? Im trying to learn about coffee processing, harvesting and many more. Do you have any idea where is the best place that I can learn about harvesting and processing coffee in Indonesia or somewhere in Asia? I would like to see it by myself not from video or else.

Thanks for all the information I'll take a few days trip for holiday then.. Cheers..
Thanks Bel, I will plan a vacation there in the near future. It sounds like what I am searching to find.
There is the UCC coffee museum in Kobe Japan.
I went there a couple of years ago.
Hello my name is Luis Alfaro and we have a coffee museum in Vuelta de Jorco, Costa Rica. We have just started and will have more in the future, you can see our website at www.costaricaestatecoffee.com Our purpose for the museum is to preserve the heritage of area that was founded and developed around the coffee plantation that my Grandfather Jorge Zeledon founded. If you are ever in Costa Rica please give our office a call and we would be happy to show you the whole coffee operation as well as the "A-Z Coffee Museum" The phone number at the office is 2410 4620, the office administrator is Nancy Segura.
Hi Louise, for sure coffee- growing, harvesting- the place and importance it plays in growers lives, is everywhere in Indonesia. In saying that getting to the places coffee is grown, making the contacts, learning about the cropping mehods- does take time. Really I would say try and hook up with an Indie store- not that SBux is not a good employer- but rather the passion that drives us in the independent side of the business is what makes everyday so interesting. Get a good mentor would be my other piece of advice- mentoring helps you develop skill not directly related to coffee, but for sure integral in your further and future successes.

Louise said:
@ Alun Evans : Hey Alun im great just fallin in love more and more to coffee. How r u? Im trying to learn about coffee processing, harvesting and many more. Do you have any idea where is the best place that I can learn about harvesting and processing coffee in Indonesia or somewhere in Asia? I would like to see it by myself not from video or else.

Thanks for all the information I'll take a few days trip for holiday then.. Cheers..
Dear Alun,

I had visit a few of local coffee shop in Jakarta and I found it very interesting and can't wait to go to another coffee shop.. Hopefully I can visit to plantation and learn more.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service