i was wondering if any of you geeks out there were into these beers my faves are the coffee bender from surly brewery in minneapolis (brewed with toddy), Also the Beer geek breakfast from the mikkeller brewery. mikkeller also makes one called beer geek brunch which is made from weasel coffee. I'm not too into weasel coffee, but when brewed into beer is very delectable.

Views: 477

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Espresso love from Arbor Brewing Company is pretty much phenomenal. The perkolator from Dark Horse is also very delectable... both are Michigan beers, and I now live in Milwaukee WI :( and haven't found any coffee beers out here yet... I have even thought of trying to sell our coffee from Anodyne to some of the local breweries around here to have them make some... but I guess we will see..... ps I have also made some of my own espresso stout by actually pulling shots and adding them to the beer during processing, it was great and went down super smooth!
Hmm... this is an interesting topic with lots of (hic...hic) potental! Does anyone have any home brew recipes involving Hops and of course coffee. You guys are all very lucky being in countries where microbreweries are plentiful. We essentially only have two brewing companies in Indonesia servicing a market of 220million! My choices are limited
Well, from what i know of most people making coffee beers they tend to stick to the toddy style of making coffee and adding it to the normal brew method because it keeps the acidity down and doesnt kill off the yeast where as normal espresso and coffee can come across as to acidic and bitter when made into a beer, and as far as hops are concerned i would stick with lighter flavored hops so it doesnt over power your coffee, but a stronger/darker mash to compliment the coffee... basically..... but as far as just regular home brewing techniques you can find resources all over the Internets to make beers that would taste awesome!

Alun Evans said:
Hmm... this is an interesting topic with lots of (hic...hic) potental! Does anyone have any home brew recipes involving Hops and of course coffee. You guys are all very lucky being in countries where microbreweries are plentiful. We essentially only have two brewing companies in Indonesia servicing a market of 220million! My choices are limited
Second on Eric's recommendation for Perkulator. When it's on it's really really great.

I was going to point you towards the Coffee Beer thread in Brewheads Squared, but I see you already found it, which means you've probably already read my recommendation for Perkulator... which means there is basically no point for this comment...

moving along

-bry
hitachino nest beer has and espresso stout that is amazing.
There is a brand new small brewery in Mexico called Cervecería Minerva (Minerva Brewery), in Guadalajara, and I've just tasted a few months ago a great beer Viena Stout, with an intense coffee and chocolaty taste, really good. I like NewCastle Brown Ale, that has a bit of coffee and syrup taste.. Would love to taste those beers you recomend...

Cheers!!
espresso love from arbor brewing, obviously. i could drink that all day. [thanks, miro !]
The Dog Fish Head brewing guy advocates adding the coffee when you add your aroma hops just at the end of the boil. i would use a coarse grind and put it in a cheese cloth bag, probably let it steep for 3 or 4 minutes. any grounds that get into the beer should be left behind with the trub when you move to the secondary fermenter/carboy. i'm curious if you could add some coffee while doing dry hopping. if i try i'll post the results.
We are working with a local brewery in developing a coffee beer that we'll be uncorking in September. More details later.
Ahhh, two of my favorite things together! Laurelwood Brewery here in Portland featured a seasonal Espresso Stout this last winter that was delicious. I think there may still be a little left in New Seasons. It was one of our espresso blends made through the toddy maker then incorporated somehow but it was magical.
Oh tell me you and Founders teamed up... that would be heaven, and it would also be carried by The Strutt without a doubt, haha. BTW, I really need to drive up to GR and get to your place. It's ridiculous I haven't gotten over there yet.

-bry

Trevor said:
We are working with a local brewery in developing a coffee beer that we'll be uncorking in September. More details later.
aahhh laurelwood how I miss thee....

Portland Roasting said:
Ahhh, two of my favorite things together! Laurelwood Brewery here in Portland featured a seasonal Espresso Stout this last winter that was delicious. I think there may still be a little left in New Seasons. It was one of our espresso blends made through the toddy maker then incorporated somehow but it was magical.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service