Hello folks,

As you all know, CC fees take a substantial chunk out of what you net when you have lots of small transactions.  Has anyone here had success (or failure) with a cash-only format? Beyond this, for those that do take plastic, how do you set CC policy at your shop: do you suggest or require a minimum amount for a CC transaction? Do you stick to it? Do you have many complaints? and what percentage of your business ends up being cash?

There are a few food establishments in my area that are cash-only, and they have trained their customers to work within this practice. I'm speaking from experience--I know that if I go to restaurant X, I need to stop off at the ATM. Not that big of a deal. Is this doable in a shop, given that a customer generally would not go to an ATM and pay a $2 fee in order to get five bucks to buy a couple of coffees? (On the other hand, shops rely on regulars who are in a better position to adjust/prepare.) And what are the potential drawbacks, aside from lost customers: employee theft? crime (burglars and--yikes--robbers)?

Views: 588

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks  Jay. I think I was put off by the initial percentage but the extra change per transaction charged by other companies puts the cost of a transaction waaay above 2.75%.

Thanks for that :-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2021   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service