Im on an espresso quest to taste all the best espresso blends(or s/o) in America(or the world for that matter). I want to hear what you guys think are the best, so i can buy them online and try them myself. So Ill go first, so far my top three in no particular order are: Stumptowns "Hairbender", Sightglass's "owls howl", and an espresso from Counter Culture(dont know what it was called, sorry). So what are your favorites?

Views: 1446

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dueling Beans Espresso Blend From The Last Stand Coffee Co. Eugene Oregon. Artisan Roast Triple Origin Blends that invoke thoughts of Deep Dark Chocolate, Caramel & Berries. Call them To Order 5412065499.
Dustin, this thread has been going for a while.    So, with the searching you have done where are your loyalties?   Do you have any favorites?   Did you try Hairbender?   Update us.

No prob Matt! My espresso journey has slowed down a little since starting this thread, when I started this thread I was working somewhere where I didnt like the coffee, so I was buying coffee all the time. In the last few months ive started working somewhere where the coffee is amazing.(What a concept!) Anyway... Yes Hairbender has been great! Cost is reasonable, shipping is fast, and its super tasty. Ive ordered it more than once. Ive ordered both Tuscano and Aficionado by Counter Coulture they both were way darker than I expected. It took some tweeking on my part to insure no roasty taste was coming threw. Ive started roasting myself since starting this thread, and so far the only coffee ive roasted for espresso is sweet marias El Salvador Molino de Santa Rita   and (shockingly to me) it actually turned out decent. Next on my list of places to try is Redbird espresso. So once that comes in I can give an update.

Also home-barista.com has a "best espresso of the year poll" and that has giving my some ideas on what i should try next. Thanks for asking Matt.

Oh and Sightglass's owls howl is still the best in San Francisco! (also the person who called this coffee "pedestrian" now serves it at the cafe she works at, ha!)

Matthew said:

Dustin, this thread has been going for a while.    So, with the searching you have done where are your loyalties?   Do you have any favorites?   Did you try Hairbender?   Update us.
The craziest espresso I remember having was from cafe d'bolla in salt lake. check it out
wow, lots of good espresso out there but I'm really surprised not to see Tom's Classic Italian Espresso on the list. SWEETMARIA's.COM baby! if you have someone who will roast it for you locally get it green but he also sells in roasted.

I have some of sweet marias espresso monkey blend right now. I havnt roasted it yet, but I cant wait to try it out.

I actually wasn't to crazy about the monkey... just my opinion.. let me know what you think. 

But my experience with sweet maria's has been a very fulfilling one. 

We use hairbender at my work, and it's one of my favorites.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service