My wife and I are celebrating our 5th Wedding Anniversary this weekend by going on a coffee adventure! We're starting in Asheville, NC and I'm wanting to find some top-notch places in TN, VA, NC and SC, but I need suggestions. Let me know of places you've been to that will make great stops for us!

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just went on vacation to Charleston SC and went to Lowcountry coffee roasters In Ravenel SC and they were really good.

Check out the Dripolator in Asheville...I was there a couple of weeks ago and they were pulling some excellent espresso (believe it was CCC Toscano). If you go to Charleston, check out Black Tap. They also have CCC but I think they have Apollo as their espresso. There is also a new guy on the block in Charleston (Collective Coffee)...they have a Strada and are currently pulling Black Cat so you may want to check that out too.

In charleston most shops use counter culture. if you want something hip, check out black cat downtown, or 'the collective' in mt pleasant. for something a little bit different, try 'metto' in mt pleasant, they use zoka roaster. lowcountry coffee roaster, formerly island roaster is not my favorite. 

Waking Life Espresso in Asheville is my favorite, hands down. The Drip is alright, but I feel like the Baristi are friendlier at Waking Life and the atmosphere is very good for me to bring work or a book to.

Just gonna throw it out there...we have some great talent in Blowing Rock at Bald Guy Brew. Read our www.urbanspoon.com reviews to see if we do what you are looking for...we are espresso oriented and the staff is very well trained... Plus the mountains here are breath taking and the Blue Ridge Parkway is a mile from our shop...good luck and Congrats!

I lived in Banner Elk for a couple of years. My first barista job was in Linville. Love the mountains.

Cafe Helios in downtown Raleigh, NC, or Open Eye Cafe in Carborro - they are both home to some awesome baristas!  Helios uses CCC and Open Eye uses Carborro Coffee, you can't go wrong with either one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service