Hi

I'm in the business of importing Lavazza Capsules into Austraia. We have been succesfull, growing fast, and we know that Nespresso has been extremly succesfull. We think that capsules have some real advantages in particular curcumstances (Some disadvantages too)

I won't say much more because it may be considered spam but was interestedin some opinions from others out there

Views: 7060

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brian,
I understand the place for this in the home/novice so to speak environment. My first reaction to your initial post was on the heavy and negative side. Your post and topic is another prime example of why I find so much value in this BX forum. After reading all the comments up to this point on your subject I have a way better understanding of my place in the coffee market. Not just my place but your place as well. Many if not most of us started out in the "home coffee market" I'm sure it is the first place I ever tasted coffee. How can anyone know what anything tastes like if they don't have anything to compare it too? I'm sure my first taste of coffee was something I saw sitting on the kitchen counter just perked in that old all glass peculator of my mothers. When she wasn't looking I took a quick taste and headed out the back door before she saw me. Then gagged and/or said to myself like,"what the hell was that? and why did I do that?"
Not to drag this out beyond the deep water buoy, but many young coffee drinkers today and future coffee roasters will no doubt get their first taste of coffee from a pod.
Good for them. I hope to be their first experience with a single origin espresso. The coffee world is all about a great taste experience, in fact my whole life has been like that. Let's have fun and share what we have with all the newcomer's itching to join the ever expanding coffee world.
Joseph
--
Ambassador for Specialty Coffee and palate reform.

Brian Chaitman said:
Hi Joseph

The Lavazza range has blends with Robusta and Arabica and some 100% Arabica blends. The Lavazza Blue range that my company handles has 8 varieties including one which they call a double but has 12grams of coffee. Good for two espresso's or a strongish latte. You can see them on http://www.bluepod.com.au.

As far as your second question goes I have not tried them side by side. I know what I like and don't like but probably don't have a palate good enough to discern between the subtle nuances of the coffee flavour. I don't dislike the Nespresso coffee but prefer the Lavazza coffee but even within the Lavazza range there are some I don't really like.

The system is not really designed for cafe's where the Barista should know how to extract a decent coffee because of the price. In $ terms we sell the coffee for about US$100 per Kg. It is for home or the office environment where they don't know how to make decent coffee
Hi Joseph

You are absolutely correct - Just as many wine connoisseurs today started off drinking Two Buck Chuck

Cheers

Joseph Robertson said:
Brian,
I understand the place for this in the home/novice so to speak environment. My first reaction to your initial post was on the heavy and negative side. Your post and topic is another prime example of why I find so much value in this BX forum. After reading all the comments up to this point on your subject I have a way better understanding of my place in the coffee market. Not just my place but your place as well. Many if not most of us started out in the "home coffee market" I'm sure it is the first place I ever tasted coffee. How can anyone know what anything tastes like if they don't have anything to compare it too? I'm sure my first taste of coffee was something I saw sitting on the kitchen counter just perked in that old all glass peculator of my mothers. When she wasn't looking I took a quick taste and headed out the back door before she saw me. Then gagged and/or said to myself like,"what the hell was that? and why did I do that?"
Not to drag this out beyond the deep water buoy, but many young coffee drinkers today and future coffee roasters will no doubt get their first taste of coffee from a pod.
Good for them. I hope to be their first experience with a single origin espresso. The coffee world is all about a great taste experience, in fact my whole life has been like that. Let's have fun and share what we have with all the newcomer's itching to join the ever expanding coffee world.
Joseph
--
Ambassador for Specialty Coffee and palate reform.

Brian Chaitman said:
Hi Joseph

The Lavazza range has blends with Robusta and Arabica and some 100% Arabica blends. The Lavazza Blue range that my company handles has 8 varieties including one which they call a double but has 12grams of coffee. Good for two espresso's or a strongish latte. You can see them on http://www.bluepod.com.au.

As far as your second question goes I have not tried them side by side. I know what I like and don't like but probably don't have a palate good enough to discern between the subtle nuances of the coffee flavour. I don't dislike the Nespresso coffee but prefer the Lavazza coffee but even within the Lavazza range there are some I don't really like.

The system is not really designed for cafe's where the Barista should know how to extract a decent coffee because of the price. In $ terms we sell the coffee for about US$100 per Kg. It is for home or the office environment where they don't know how to make decent coffee
Look at the numbers "crazy" if you ask me!
But as a company you should really know who you are & think before chasing the almighty $$$!
Will it be worth it in the end, lets see how this story ends!

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/green/articles/2010/01/03/an_enviro...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service