Hello Everyone!

WE have a 2nd yr Anniversary approaching and we're looking for a way to give back to 

the community. Unique Ideas?

Cheers!

Kim

Handlebar Coffee Roasters

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you have a cafe, do a competition between your staff for making something. I want to do a dessert contest, and then have it open to the public to try and judge. Or maybe a barista comp. with honorary rewards. Whatever, I like the competition idea between staff. Maybe have your roasters roast some coffees and do a brew competition. 

First congratulations on your 2nd Anniversary! Interestingly one of our two main espresso blends, our old school deep toned blend, is named Handlebar Blend. But honest we didn't name it after your biz cuz it's about 5 years old now, our 6th Anniversary is Nov 1. :-)

Free "espresso shots til you drop, or levitate, which ever comes first". I may use that one!

Or keeping with your history how 'bout a cycling event with proceeds going to Coffee Kids.

We did a customer appreciation day for 4 years with free shots & Q. My (braggingly competition level) true low and slow hickory/apple/maple smoked pulled pork sliders with Carribean influenced sauce and shredded cherry smoked chicken sliders with apricot honey mustard sauce, and of course slow smoke grilled hot doggies as well as grilled veggie pizzas. I also did an open fire wok/wooden spoon stirred coffee roasting demonstration followed by everyone demanding it be immediately brewed so Chemex'd it was and end of day we had a latte art throw down. Hell of a lot of work (especially for me being both the Roast Master AND Pit Master) and hell of a lot of fun for all. This year probably going to keep it tamer just providing a spread of my cold smoked cheeses, crackers and veggies and maybe 3 day herb/spice brined then smoked Turkey appetizers with free shots. BTW we are a coffee roaster with espresso/manual brew bar coffeehouses only, not a food joint! Extreme foods just something I do for family and friends. :)

Let your imagination run wild and have fun...!!!

Wow! You're amazing!

Mike McGinness said:

First congratulations on your 2nd Anniversary! Interestingly one of our two main espresso blends, our old school deep toned blend, is named Handlebar Blend. But honest we didn't name it after your biz cuz it's about 5 years old now, our 6th Anniversary is Nov 1. :-)

Free "espresso shots til you drop, or levitate, which ever comes first". I may use that one!

Or keeping with your history how 'bout a cycling event with proceeds going to Coffee Kids.

We did a customer appreciation day for 4 years with free shots & Q. My (braggingly competition level) true low and slow hickory/apple/maple smoked pulled pork sliders with Carribean influenced sauce and shredded cherry smoked chicken sliders with apricot honey mustard sauce, and of course slow smoke grilled hot doggies as well as grilled veggie pizzas. I also did an open fire wok/wooden spoon stirred coffee roasting demonstration followed by everyone demanding it be immediately brewed so Chemex'd it was and end of day we had a latte art throw down. Hell of a lot of work (especially for me being both the Roast Master AND Pit Master) and hell of a lot of fun for all. This year probably going to keep it tamer just providing a spread of my cold smoked cheeses, crackers and veggies and maybe 3 day herb/spice brined then smoked Turkey appetizers with free shots. BTW we are a coffee roaster with espresso/manual brew bar coffeehouses only, not a food joint! Extreme foods just something I do for family and friends. :)

Let your imagination run wild and have fun...!!!

Ooh. I like the idea about free shots. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service