hey everyone. I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we can all list bands and CD's that are great for coffee bar atmosphere's. I'll start with a few favorites:

Sam Prekop - Who's Your New Professor
Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
Peter Bjorn & John - Writers Block
The Shins - Wincing the Night Away

- Matt

Views: 3799

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Emelo - Tranquilizers, Brain Screwdrivers, And A Book Full Of Cheery Poems
Athlete - Beyond The Neighbourhood
Magnet - The Tourniquet
Matt Pond PA - The Green Fury
Midlake - The Trials of Van Occupanther
....and my fave....
Sigur Røs - ...Takk
Karli Fairbanks - Bitter Blue (Spokane, WA local fav...)
Copeland - Eat, Sleep, Repeat
Feist - The Reminder
Beck, "Odelay"
Radiohead, "O.K. Computer"
Miles Davis, "Kind of Blue"
Mat Kearney, "Bullet"
Beastie Boys, "The In Sound From Way Out"
Matisyahu, "Live From Stubbs"
Postal Service, "Give Up"
Man, this just just touches the surface.....
MAN, I love this Copeland record!
can't believe squeeze are not here yet - 'black coffee in bed'
and 'the freewheelin bob dylan' should be played at least once a day
Jason, I don't know if we have had this conversation but I grew up with Mat Kearney, a god friend from waaay back. I saw him recently at an art show here in Portland and backstage when he plays here. So amazing how popular he has gotten. Good guy. Also CodaCoffee (Brian) has played shows with him.
No, I didn't know that, but that's cool! I knew he was from that area, but didn't know exactly where. I know that from time to time I jump behind a bar to help someone out, and every time I play Mat's CD off my iPod, people always come up and ask who it is. Several people have bought it right there on their MacBook or iPhone! It's crazy. His stuff has a nice groove that goes perfectly in a coffeehouse. And it is crazy how popular he has gotten!
Spent a long afternoon sitting in the drive thru of an In-N-Out Burger In Monterrey, CA with Mat while we were clandestinely charging our laptops at an oddly placed plug in. Ah, weird weird memories.
Anything by Acoustic Alchemy.
Yes, they are amazing...try their other stuff too - Its ALL good.
You're talking to the right guy about how great they are. Sitting here wearing their t-shirt as I post. How's that for ironic? (I included photographic evidence of this to show that I'm not posin') Some of the coolest guys you'd ever want to meet....not to mention teenie rock gods (and I mean that in the most positive way it can be said)

The Only Band That Matters. The Clash.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service