Counter Culture Coffee Presents the 2008 Mid-Atlantic/Northeast Barista Jam

It is my pleasure to announce that the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast Barista Jam (Formerly "Beasts of the East") will be held March 5-7, 2008 at the Bank Street Annex in beautiful, historic Easton, PA! Building on last year's success, this year's jam will include some new things.

James Hoffmann...Square Mile Coffee, 2007 WBC Champ
Jon Lewis...Bumper Crop Coffee
Ellie Matuszak...Coffee Solutions
Rob Stephen...Coffee Solutions
Chris DeFerio...Carriage House Cafe
Jay Caragay...'Spro Coffee
Daryn Berlin...Counter Culture Coffee
Jamie Schoenhut...Royal Coffee New York
Kim Bullock...Counter Culture Coffee

Educational Sessions:

Sustainability
Process of Coffee
Cupping for Defects
Espresso Extraction
Milk Frothing/Latte Art
Cupping/Alternate Brewing Techniques
How to Compete in a Barista Competition

Sponsors so far...

Royal Coffee
Monin
New Harvest Coffee Roasters
Gimme Coffee
Coffee Solutions
Archer Foods
Counter Culture
Coffee Labs
Cafe D'Amore
Pacific Foods
Barista Magazine
American Barista and Coffee School
Fetco
Pixie Mate
Franke
Espresso Supply
Espresso Parts

Community-building...

Latte Art Competition
Espresso Extraction Competition
Barista Party (with FREE Beer)

Service...

Bikes to Rwanda
Coffeelands Landmine Victims' Trust

Because of the generosity of our sponsors, the cost for this event is only $45 for BGA members, $75 for non-BGA Members. Email me at troy@cosmiccupcoffee.com or Gerra Harrigan at gerra@newharvestcoffee.com for more information. Stay tuned for more details, sponsorship opportunities are still available.

Views: 113

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey everybody, registration is now open for the jam...drop an email to either troy@cosmiccupcoffee.com, or gerra@newharvestcoffee.com for a registration packet. There will be a cap of 100, so register soon!
who's excited, who's attending, and importantly does anyone in the area have a couch, floor, or backseat for two baristas from cleveland?
I've already got my flight booked. This sounds like such an exciting jam! I can't wait to be there!

Sandy
any baristas looking to share accommodations? send me a message! (snoring ≤ 2.3 decibals, guaranteed!)
Alex, I was hoping to find somewhere extremely cheap to stay, but, haven't looked yet. Have you booked a room?

Ben
Any couches for coffee crashing in Easton, or, temporary hostels for hordes of hungry baristas?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service