I know there are a lot of machines out there. I've worked with many. I am interested in what YOU like. Why do you like it? What is your dream machine for your shop?

Views: 3303

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What problem have you found with the steam? They do have a habit of either being to cold or too hot and needing adjustment. I have found once adjusted they tend to stay trouble free. I'm talking about the older ones though, not sure about the latest models.

Lee
I fell in love with this manual La Pavoni while I was visiting a friend in New Orleans.
A beautiful machine, and a beautiful espresso.

What about the Cafe Stuff Espresso machine. have anyone heard anything about that one? I want to get a espresso machine my first. I am working part time at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at the Ralph's supermarket. they only have an automatic espresso machine everything is just push button, no art... I want to open my first shop next year. I really need to know how do I find which one works for me.
Loved this machine. the local roaster had one he was selling and we all got to play around on it. the shot were so smooth and just delicious

Christopher said:
I've also been a fan of the Speedster for years. I would really dig one at home, but for a commercial setting, I really dig Kees' Idrocompresso with the Veloce bodywork.

Sorry For Now, never heard of a "cafe stuff" machine.... google didn't yield much on the topic either... good luck!

For Now said:
What about the Cafe Stuff Espresso machine. have anyone heard anything about that one? I want to get a espresso machine my first. I am working part time at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at the Ralph's supermarket. they only have an automatic espresso machine everything is just push button, no art... I want to open my first shop next year. I really need to know how do I find which one works for me.
mike cubbage said:
Loved this machine. the local roaster had one he was selling and we all got to play around on it. the shot were so smooth and just delicious

Christopher said:
I've also been a fan of the Speedster for years. I would really dig one at home, but for a commercial setting, I really dig Kees' Idrocompresso with the Veloce bodywork.

Who imports these? Is there an impoter to the UK?

Lee
It is strange, but I have been working on an Astoria Sibillia for a couple of years now and I absolutely love it. Cheap replacement parts (cost at least), runs smoothly in a high volume cafe and we haven't had any problems out of her unless it was due to barista's not cleaning her right. I used to work on a La Marzocco and I will always have a soft spot...but for the price and durability of the thing I can't get over my Astoria.
Plus if you get it in black it looks like something out of Darth Vader's kitchen. Hell yeah!

liz said:
YAYAYAYAYAY I work on an Astoria Gloria and I love her... I wouldn't trade her for anything and she is old!
Beth said:
i'm not afraid to say it: the la marzocco is fine and all, but my favorite machine will always be the Astoria Gloria. I worked on this machine for the majority of my career and i will always have a soft spot for good 'ole gloria.

Who imports these? Is there an impoter to the UK?

Lee Here you go: http://www.andronicas.com/
The La Marzocco for the temperature stability and the power of steam ! But I don't like the filters (57,5mm) and 8 o'clock portafilter in the group
I am a fan of levers. Own and run a 3 group la pavoni lever. Looking at other levers as well. La San Marco and the E61 legend...hmm....

Favorite machine without a doubt the Kees levers with the old Marzocco lever second.

Of course... totally unrealistic answer given the question was "for your shop".
For that have to go with the most recent generation Mistral on balance (quality of coffee, ease of use, consistency, etc).
Talking Manual Levers, the (Astoria-CMA) Rapallo.... I think we are seeing a renaissance of sorts with a renewed interest in Levers.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service