We were talking around the store today about all the different names for drinks. We call coffee with a shot a Red Eye. We have also heard it called a Shot in the Dark.

Along those same lines, we are trying to decide what to call a Chai with espresso. We have heard Chai Charger, Chai High, Morning Glory Chai, Dirty Chai, and Hail Mary.

We would love to hear what you all call these drinks!

Jenny and the Bean Team at Peaberry's Coffeehouse, La Crosse, WI

Views: 5381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Currently, I would call it a Red Eye even though we dont have it on our menu at the moment. Currently what we do have on our menu is called a "Java Chai". Quick and to the point and we've found that chai drinkers are more apt to try it because it doesnt sound so intimidating.
haha dirty martini drinkers may be pleased, I like reveille that seems apropriate enough of a name.

JIm Saborio said:
I've worked at too many shops. For the espresso in drip: hammer head, shot-in-the-dark, depth charge, hammer head, and one I've not seen on this thread "reveille".

I'm going to keep a jar of olive juice handy in case someone orders a dirty chai from me.
Gross... Sacrelige... Pointless... But that's just my personal opinion.
for some reason chai with espresso is unheard of in this part of the bay. at my new shop they call a redeye a "depth charge" with is the geee-est thing ive ever heard
Yup like I said in MN its' been called a depth charge since I was a little girl, er um yeah it lacks style.
aeryn said:
for some reason chai with espresso is unheard of in this part of the bay. at my new shop they call a redeye a "depth charge" with is the geee-est thing ive ever heard
dirty can me the sexual connotation therefor good connotation of dirty, kinda like sexing up a chai
we call it a red eye, and a shot in chai is dirty chai.

i've also heard the term atomic used (at a cofffee shop in boston i went to) it was atomic coffee and atomic chai. i found it silly...but yeah whatevah.
Depth charge and a Hyper Hindu. A soy chai with espresso is a Hyper hippy hindu
Local place up here in Alaska calls it a BuzzSaw. No name for Chai w/ espresso except "chai with espresso"
I've always heard it called a Red Eye and two shots in coffee is a Black Eye. Oregon Chai calls espresso in a chai a Chai Charger which I think sounds great.
Some customers seem to get a big kick out of ordering a 'Super Chai'

For coffee with shot(s) I've also heard Powerhouse and Montana
Chai Express, Chai you Later, Chai me up Scotty (My Favorite) or simply a Chai with balls.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service