Hey everyone- just joined the exchange and it seems like a really great place. One question that I haven't been able to answer through research is what exactly the motive is behind milk sharing. What is the process of doing it, and why?

Thanks!

- Jonathan

Views: 738

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Trevor said:
Well, the reason I do it and you see it done in competition alot is to help evenly distribute your microfoam. Its especially helpful in pouring multiple cappuccinos to insure the first isn't really light on foam and the second really heavy. After you've steamed for two capps you want to swirl your pitcher to insure your microfoam and milk have integrated well. Pour off into another pitcher, pre-heated of course, until you have enough in one pitcher for one drink and pour your drink. Than swirl the second pitcher, reintegrating any foam that may have settled and pour your second drink. This method is both helpful in evenly distributing your foam as it is in insure both drinks have great latte art. Hope that answered your question.

I try to do this often. Like you said... two caps... trying to ensure some uniformity in regards to the milk texture between the two. But it never seems to work out. My second pour always seems thin... Are there any more little details you could point out for me?
Try holding back some of the dry foam with a spoon.

Joey Trujillo said:

I try to do this often. Like you said... two caps... trying to ensure some uniformity in regards to the milk texture between the two. But it never seems to work out. My second pour always seems thin... Are there any more little details you could point out for me?
Ian McCarthy said:
Try holding back some of the dry foam with a spoon.

Joey Trujillo said:

There shouldn't be any dry foam.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service