.........an extra dry cappuccino? AAAAAAAAAAAA who are these people.......

He says can you make it, I said yes, it sounds like cardboard to me, but I can make it......

At least he didn't ask for a large.

Sad girl in Indiana
Bj

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, Andy sometimes it is a slow process changing a customers taste. It is also good in that, Sarah is working in a system that is not her's. This is a case of a barista tweeking something with out loosing a customer. It is not her business, and obviously her boss wasn't going to take the chance to lose a customer with money.
So now the lady is drinking a latte and not some cardboard espresso fluff. I being the boss, did not bother to try this on the fellow in the begining of the story because he was very pointed in challenging me. He was looking for a fight, he wanted me to say no to his drink. He was in the store with a regular customer of mine, and she was showing me off. I didn't want to embarass her by denying his attempt at being an ass.

Andy Newbom said:
NO
Bj Davis said:
I being the boss, did not bother to try this on the fellow in the begining of the story because he was very pointed in challenging me. He was looking for a fight, he wanted me to say no to his drink. He was in the store with a regular customer of mine, and she was showing me off. I didn't want to embarass her by denying his attempt at being an ass.

The best part of this is that you made the drink EXACTLY like he ordered... meaning he had to shut up and drink the thing! The perfect punishment for being an ass, if you ask me.
i turned an "extra dry" large cappuccino request into a triple espresso macchiato regular.

maybe it was easier for me.....i asked the customer what she liked about dry capps and she told me that she liked the taste of the espresso without the heaviness of the milk.
i suggested and prepared a macchiato for her, told her that if she didn't like it, i would make her anything she wanted AND i gave her a free (full) punch card for her bravery. (that's what i told her)

Now she is a true success story.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service