I have been thinking about competing in a barista competition locally for a long time but I don't even know where to start. I have improved considerably over the last month but I have failed at putting up pictures. My shots are consistently ristretto and at least weekly I participate a pour off. I have had the chance to work on several different machines including our Astoria, a Simonelli, A Gaggia Lever Machine, La Marzocco, Brazilla (of indeterminate origins or year) and several other machines.
Any little tips, advice or alternate websites will be an amazing help as I don't even know where to start

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Zacharyzachary.com has some videos of the WBC. I found watching others compete really helpful.
My best suggestion is to make sure that you know the scores sheets really well. Study them and know what your beverages will be scored on. It all begins with great espresso. Know your espresso well and go from there.

I second Jordan's suggestion of referring to the WBC videos for guidance.
I really appreciate the comments!
Get the score sheets and get that info down PAT. Practice, practice, practice is always the best advice I can give, and its always good to have another person there, because there's always something you'll miss in the heat of battle.
is there anywhere I can get a look at a score sheet?
I think the scaa website has ones you can download. I'm almost positive of it.
sensory and tech judges.
awesome.
Thanks!
Benza Lance said:
I think the scaa website has ones you can download. I'm almost positive of it.
sensory and tech judges.
awesome.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service