Recently we started serving Gelato at the shop I work at. I have been exploring the world of gelato and also experimenting with cold drinks. I recently discovered that a dab of our all natural syrup and a scoop of gelato over san pellegrino is the most wonderful concoction ever! Well any who... I was wondering if there was a name for this drink or if anybody could give me some spectacular names for this drink. It is rather spendy so I need something really fantastic name.

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dunno what that drink in particular is called, but have you had an afogato?
gelato with a dbl shot?
good god DAMN thats tasty.
Yes I have they are VERY TASTY this is more directed at younger folks or *sigh* non coffee drinkers
Does it fizz a lot or a little? What are some flavor characteristics? I'm getting my wheels turning. I can name this drink.
Liz, have you tried making this drink with just standard seltzer or soda? I know the Pellegrino adds a certain something (both in terms of marketing and flavor), but wonder if any of the nuanced flavor differences showed up in the finished drink. Might reduce the "spendy" aspect without a noticable change in the drink. Make two and try them blind...

Sounds like what some shops might call an italian soda float? We can do better than that for a name, though. Not that I've seen this done or had one, but sounds very tasty. Will try one tomorrow.
It does fizz a little when you first pour it but its more of a pleasant bubbling when you drink it. I have posted pictures of the drink on my page maybe that will give you insperation! thanks for your help
Ed Kaufmann said:
Does it fizz a lot or a little? What are some flavor characteristics? I'm getting my wheels turning. I can name this drink.
The Flavor is very subtle but it gets stronger as the gelato melts into the pellegrino then the flavor bursts with every drink.with the raspberry I almost a have a feeling I'm drinking punch but the best darn punch I've ever had. Its smooth with just a hint of bubbles. Its esthetically pleasing... All the adults I have given this to want to put a shot of vodka in it.
liz said:
It does fizz a little when you first pour it but its more of a pleasant bubbling when you drink it. I have posted pictures of the drink on my page maybe that will give you insperation! thanks for your help
Ed Kaufmann said:
I have tried it with the Seltzer but we are a specialty chocolate store. I actually started making this drink with seltzer. It had much more carbonation and was not as pretty. My target market is non-coffee drinkers who live in the brand new condos right next door.

Brady said:
Liz, have you tried making this drink with just standard seltzer or soda? I know the Pellegrino adds a certain something (both in terms of marketing and flavor), but wonder if any of the nuanced flavor differences showed up in the finished drink. Might reduce the "spendy" aspect without a noticable change in the drink. Make two and try them blind...

Sounds like what some shops might call an italian soda float? We can do better than that for a name, though. Not that I've seen this done or had one, but sounds very tasty. Will try one tomorrow.
Ah, then Pellegrino it is.

You thinking sophisticated or whimsical?

How about a Gelato Fizz? Like a Cherry Vanilla Gelato Fizz

Or maybe go the Jimmy Neutron route and call it a Flurp?

You may notice, I'm kinda bad at making up names... don't worry... I'll keep working.
I really appreciate the help! I have been trying so hard I think all of our creative genius is repressed in the busy season
Brady said:
Ah, then Pellegrino it is.

You thinking sophisticated or whimsical?

How about a Gelato Fizz? Like a Cherry Vanilla Gelato Fizz

Or maybe go the Jimmy Neutron route and call it a Flurp?

You may notice, I'm kinda bad at making up names... don't worry... I'll keep working.
Have you ever tried a coffee italian soda... reminds me of bebe caffe. Something about the club soda and fresh espresso... add a little vanilla and cream. It's my afternoon indulgence!
I was pleasantly surprised by that drink last time I had it. I thing I ended up doing a little vanilla and a little caramel syrup, tasted just like Coca Cola?!? Honestly, though, that was back in the day that my shots were all harsh and bitter and needed to be mostly masked by other stuff. Will try it again with my smooth&mellow shots. Maybe can let more of the espresso flavor shine through.

We'll file that one under "drinks just for bored baristas".
Oh gross! I just tried that how aweful.

Shiloh Sanders said:
Have you ever tried a coffee italian soda... reminds me of bebe caffe. Something about the club soda and fresh espresso... add a little vanilla and cream. It's my afternoon indulgence!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service