on 29.08. will be announced who is next WBC gold sponsor. Any expectations and why?

Views: 382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I heard from a little birdie that it's most probably the Aurelia - why? because of the three manufacturers who qualified the testing (i assume qualified with highest score!) Nuova Simonelli wanted the sponsorship the most (silent bidding!)
I also think it will be Nuova Simonelli...why, I dont know, just a strong gut feeling.
Isn't it still going to be La Marzocco? Haven't heard any news about a change here in Aust.
I think individual national/regional competitions will still be using machines and companies they have relationships with. WBC may still use La Marzocco...
Barista's are such gossips...
I think the announcement will be Aug 29th. I hope it's Simonelli!!! =)
Aurelia.... The official machine of the World Barista Championships!
official press release

Big congrats to both Nuova Simonelli and Mahlkonig! Both companies have a true dedication to the craft of the barista and I have been privileged enough to work on both the Aurelia and the K30 for the past year at the school. While a change in anything will take some time to get used to, I think that baristas are going to really dig the new machine.

- Matt
Just curious. Does this necessarily mean that the Aurelia will be used at Regional or National competitions? Or is this strictly for the World Competition?
Hey Ryan..The Aurelia will be the machine for the Regional and Nationals...so I'm told

Ryan Knapp said:
Just curious. Does this necessarily mean that the Aurelia will be used at Regional or National competitions? Or is this strictly for the World Competition?
Well done Nuova Simonelli!!!!

There must be one hell of a party in Belforte del Chienti tonight!!!
I can't wait to try that Aurelia out at CoffeeFest! Oh man, oh man!
Congrats to NS. Even though they have been around 'forever' you can see that in the few last years NS has really pulled up their socks and listened to the industry. The Aurelia is a very nice machine and deserves a shot in the sponsorship ring. I am sure that the silent bid was the kicker. Dale is right, NS wanted it badly. I was talking to their rep. in Vancouver at the Regionals and he was all but telling us that it was in the bag.
I'm still waiting on my new Marzocco paddle machine. hee hee hee!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service