All Discussions Tagged 'training' (37)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Barista Retraining

I am about to implement retraining and continuing education programs at my coffee shops (5 shops with about 25 baristas total.) It will be…

Started by claire howell

1 Mar 30, 2011
Reply by Tamara Vigil

Coffee Industry Fundamentals Class...

Right.   So I'm writing a class for our wholesale customers called, "Coffee Industry Fundamentals," (it was originally called "Elucidating…

Started by Nathanael May

3 Jan 23, 2011
Reply by Chase Mann

Am I doing our espresso drinks right?

So we bought our shop, no training or anything (we ain't gots the fundage). I've scoured the internets, learnt myself the "4 M's" of coffee…

Started by Tim Flebbe

16 Oct 5, 2010
Reply by Lisa Kettyle

Training without the $$$$

I want to be and want my baristas to be the best in my state and I think we are on the way to doing so.  However I feel I might reach the e…

Started by Jonathan Morrison

28 Aug 13, 2010
Reply by Mick Evans

What's the most effective way to "teach an old dog a new trick"

I currently own a small cafe. I went from being the one of 4 staff members to the owner of the cafe with 10 employees. I'm having a difficu…

Started by Lisa Harris

11 Jul 26, 2010
Reply by Jeremy Perrine

bellissimo's espresso 101 dvd?

hi. i just acquired this dvd in an effort to streamline some sort of basic, introductory process to new baristas at the shop and i'm curiou…

Started by Mallory

4 Apr 25, 2010
Reply by Fraser Jamieson

Barista training near Boston

Can anyone recommend a barista training course in the Boston area?

Started by Missy Carroll

1 Feb 9, 2010
Reply by Simon Ouderkirk

Barista Training & Schools

Hi My first post so if I make a faux-pas please let me know. I am researching Barista school options, we are willing to travel would love…

Started by Derryl Reid

2 Jan 28, 2010
Reply by Kayakman

Self-educating an Entrepenuer

I am hoping I can get a little advice from some business owners.I'm in a major career transition and years away from owning my own coffee s…

Started by Katherine

6 Jan 25, 2010
Reply by Jay Caragay

Staff testing and training levels

We have begun to develop a level system to determine pay rate and encourage ongoing learning among our staff. My idea is to reward staff fo…

Started by Jason Shipley

12 Jan 24, 2010
Reply by Jason Shipley

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service