All Discussions Tagged 'temperature' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Lighting over the roaster. Color temperature?

We have a track lighting assembly over our roaster with spot lights illuminating all of the key areas of coffee travel.  Cooling tray, dump…

Started by Chad Kimm

1 Apr 23, 2013
Reply by Mike McGinness

Micro foam

Is micro foam achieved best at a lower temperature?  I seem to get a better texture when I don't steam as long.  However, the coffee ends u…

Started by Vickie Balas

4 Aug 29, 2011
Reply by Jimmy B

Bunn airpot brewer temp issues...

I've got a Bunn CWTF Twin APS brewer and the right side won't get above 195*F, which means it hits the beans at well under acceptable brewi…

Started by Isaiah Hekhuis

4 Jun 2, 2011
Reply by Greg Hill

Pour over temperature methods.

Hey all, I know a lot of folks are using pour-over stations or chemex brewers in their cafes, so here's my question: How are you controlli…

Started by Adam Wilson

0 Apr 9, 2011

Syrups and Espresso

Don't get me wrong, syrups are for the cosmetic connoisseur but when I have to, I like to have my espresso pulled straight into the syrup o…

Started by illudereludere

28 Nov 5, 2009
Reply by Bryan Wray

Astoria "Plus 4 You" reactions?

I've been more or less obsessed with the idea of varying temperatures between group heads on the same machine for quite some time and with…

Started by Ryan Soeder

12 Aug 14, 2009
Reply by Domagoj Trusic

Puck In or Out?

i seem to get conflicting points of view on this. until recently, i had been under the impression that leaving the puck in the portafilter…

Started by tif

40 May 29, 2009
Reply by Becki Klauss

Milk Temperature

Working in the industry for a few years now, if there is anything that comes second nature in espresso making it would be steaming milk. B…

Started by Ryan

6 Dec 8, 2008
Reply by Nicole Heitzler

Brew temperature

This afternoon I did a little experiment with some Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, roasted by Dilworth Coffee. Following a comment in the "high alti…

Started by Brady

1 Sep 26, 2008
Reply by Jason Haeger

the cool basket

So, a few days ago I was faced with a new question. The culprit: heat. Allow me to explain... Grinders grind. All day, every day they keep…

Started by Matthew

10 Sep 10, 2008
Reply by Rita Kaminsky

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service