All Discussions Tagged 'tamping' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Can you tamp harder than 30lbs?

I recently heard from a Schomer seminar that you physically can only tamp coffee so compact and that it is more consistent to always tamp h…

Started by Aaron Jordan

6 Dec 26, 2012
Reply by Mike Sabol

Tampers: Flat or Convex, which to buy?

Hey Folks, I'm in the market for a tamper, and I always thought they were all flat and that you just measure the inside of your portafilte…

Started by Jennifer Graham

14 Mar 13, 2012
Reply by Edward

Better posture

I'm looking for advice on better posture and hand position to avoid back/ neck strain and carpal tunnel issues. My husband I both recently…

Started by Denise Smith

4 Dec 12, 2011
Reply by lance battenfield

the tamp

I still hear people talking a lot of talk about how a harder or lighter tamp will affect the flow rate of a shot. I'd have to disagree from…

Started by Chandler Rentz

40 Nov 8, 2011
Reply by Matthew

Thoughts on Carpal Tunnel

Most of you baristas know what it's like to pull hundreds of shots a shift - it's tiring. Lately I've been feeling some numbness in my righ…

Started by Aaron McNany

20 Nov 4, 2011
Reply by mayinja marvin

Tamping Procedures

So I was just wondering how everybody here tamps their espresso.  I am thinking about trying to streamline the process my shop uses which g…

Started by Eric Tomeo

6 Jul 5, 2011
Reply by Ryan Brown

naked vs. not naked

hey  all! so me and a fellow are in a discussion over naked baskets vs double spouted or stranger what used to be a spouted head with the s…

Started by Aeryn! E

4 Mar 2, 2011
Reply by Mike

Dosing Espresso

What have people found to be the most successful, efficient, and accurate way for dosing espresso when you don't have Grind on Demand? The…

Started by John Gibbons

8 Feb 28, 2011
Reply by Aeryn! E

Polishing the puck??? Whats the deal?

Last night I was involved in a training session on espresso techniques, and as I was done tamping, I polished the puck by spinning the tamp…

Started by Eric

17 Dec 7, 2009
Reply by Eric

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service