All Discussions Tagged 'roasting' (58)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Craft beer / craft coffee - "That brewery sucks," a blog post

Hey folks, I recently highly enjoyed this blog post from a local brewery in Durham NC that really got me thinking. I wanted to post it here…

Started by jonathan bonchak

1 Feb 6, 2011
Reply by Jeremy Gray

Need GREEN WHOLESALE distributer with cheaper fair trade/organic coffees

My name is Ty Paluska,  I used to be manager of Copper River Coffee & Tea in Peoria, IL.  Recently I've embarked on starting my own sho…

Started by Ty Paluska

8 Dec 31, 2010
Reply by Mike McGinness

Is home roasting anything like comercial roasting?

Im interested in getting a roaster for my house(just to mess around on) and I want to know how much does it compare to roasting in bigger m…

Started by Dustin DeMers

1 Nov 28, 2010
Reply by Dustin DeMers

Anyone used the Hario roaster?

I've seen the roaster made by hario online...it looks beautiful. Only 354$ i think. Essentially it looks like a glass capsule tumbler with…

Started by John Gibbons

1 Oct 24, 2010
Reply by Kevin Ayers

Direct Trade - Where to Begin?

This just kind of fell into my lap amazingly enough but I've recently come by an opportunity to set up a direct trade with Rwandan coffee f…

Started by Copper River Coffee and Tea

7 Aug 31, 2010
Reply by Henry

How do I determine the drop temperature when roasting??

Hello,   I am awaiting the arrival of my new Ambex YM-2 roaster. One question I have is how do I determine which temperature to drop the be…

Started by Paul

9 Aug 26, 2010
Reply by Mike McGinness

Cleaning cooling tray

This one's for the roastahs! Does anyone have any suggestions for a fast/effective way to clean out the little holes in the cooling tray? W…

Started by Jocelyn Peknik

16 Jul 22, 2010
Reply by Dirk Maritz

sample roasting.

care to share some sample roasting knowledge?it confuses me. is there one standard sample roast? if there is, why isnt there a standard pro…

Started by joel

2 Jun 18, 2010
Reply by joel

Recommendations for a home roasting machine

Do any of you have any recommendations for a home roaster?  Have any of you had any good results with the Behmor 1600 or the HotTop Drum Ro…

Started by Ken Idskou

17 May 2, 2010
Reply by Andy Halterman

Roasting literature

I'm about to begin in the wonderful world of roasting.  If there's one thing I've learned about being a barista (3 years experience) it is…

Started by Daniel Williamson

3 Mar 31, 2010
Reply by Daniel Williamson

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service