All Discussions Tagged 'portafilter' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New tool for espresso machine maintenance. Looking for feedback!

Hey all, I'm Nick, and I'm a barista. I'm also a mechanical engineer. The more I worked in coffee, the more I realized that some machines…

Started by Nicholas Terzulli

1 Feb 29, 2016
Reply by Amit Ahuja

Bottomless portafilter for La Marzocco GB/5?

Hello everyone, Our shop has a beautiful GB/5 machine and I'm looking to get a bottomless portafilter to improve our techniques. But I hav…

Started by Linh Nguyen

5 Jan 22, 2013
Reply by Daniel Demers

naked vs. not naked

hey  all! so me and a fellow are in a discussion over naked baskets vs double spouted or stranger what used to be a spouted head with the s…

Started by Aeryn! E

4 Mar 2, 2011
Reply by Mike

Dosing Espresso

What have people found to be the most successful, efficient, and accurate way for dosing espresso when you don't have Grind on Demand? The…

Started by John Gibbons

8 Feb 28, 2011
Reply by Aeryn! E

Different baskets for espresso?

Dear coffee professionals. I've been thinking about serving single and double espressos. To many people, they are simply a different size.…

Started by John Gibbons

3 Jan 30, 2011
Reply by John Gibbons

naked filter madness!

Okay, so here is my opinion/question/rant. I call that one the question sandwich. a question layered in my own beliefs. Opinion: Naked por…

Started by Chris Tellez

22 Dec 9, 2009
Reply by Jeff Jaworski

Americano perparation...?

How do you make your Americano? Hot water added to your espresso pull...espresso pulled over a cup of hot water? Espresso poured into a cup…

Started by Chris Cockrell

26 Dec 2, 2009
Reply by Jason Haeger

Used espresso machine parts?

Today I found a La Pavoni Europiccola (circa '86) at a thrift shop for $10. Heating element and plumbing seam to work fine. Only problem is…

Started by Alec Jacobson

1 Jun 22, 2009
Reply by Kevin Ayers

Puck In or Out?

i seem to get conflicting points of view on this. until recently, i had been under the impression that leaving the puck in the portafilter…

Started by tif

40 May 29, 2009
Reply by Becki Klauss

Is the 58mm PF "Scientifically Optimal Size?"

What is your opinion of the 53mm vs the more popular 58mm basket? I've heard chat about the only difference being the ratio of diameter to…

Started by Al Sterling

7 May 2, 2009
Reply by John P

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service