All Discussions Tagged 'brew' (30)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How long should you wait before brewing fresh roasted coffee?

When to brew fresh roasted coffee, is a question that has come up a few times for me and I am not really sure. Should I let the beans sit f…

Started by James "Cosmo" Cramer

5 Aug 1, 2009
Reply by Eyal Rosen

Science behind French Press (and other hand brewing methods)

We recently started brewing all of our coffee with a French press and we've noticed an immediate improvement to the quality of our coffee.…

Started by Fred Lie

1 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Ricky Sutton

Best Beans for a Bright, Bold, Full-Bodied Cold-Brew Iced Coffee?

Hello, all! At my cafe we currently employ the brew-it-strong-cut-it-with-ice method of preparing iced coffee, which I find pretty distaste…

Started by Mr. F

4 Jul 12, 2009
Reply by Mr. F

Red Rock Coffee

Red Rock is built upon three values: CAFFEINE, CULTURE, and COMMUNITY. But before we get to that, let's back up.We're all in search of that…

Started by John Dustman

0 Jun 16, 2009

Does anyone know about any naturally low-caff beans?

Hi all I posted last week about half caff - now looking into finding some beans that are naturally a bit lower in caffeine than regular bea…

Started by Olivia Stubbings

3 Jun 2, 2009
Reply by Jesse -D->

Power to the Americano?

Is it conceivable to drop drip brewing in favor of single origin americanos? What are the draw backs to this over other cup at a time brewi…

Started by Chris Hooton

19 Feb 6, 2009
Reply by Bedlamite23

The brew method profile experiment

OK... time to geek out a bit. I'm proposing a group experiment to characterize the effects that different brew methods (and variations of t…

Started by Brady

3 Oct 17, 2008
Reply by Wilson Hines

Brew temperature

This afternoon I did a little experiment with some Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, roasted by Dilworth Coffee. Following a comment in the "high alti…

Started by Brady

1 Sep 26, 2008
Reply by Jason Haeger

Good coffee for a weak cup?

Any ideas on a blend that would deliver a decent cup of coffee after being cut by hot water? Folks around here are used to nearly transpare…

Started by Chris Hooton

5 Jul 9, 2008
Reply by Chris Hooton

Cheap Iced Coffee

What are your thoughts on offering a cheaply priced iced coffee ($1/12oz-$1.5/20oz)? Do you think this will cheapen the specialty coffee pr…

Started by Matt Swenson

1 Jul 8, 2008
Reply by Tyler

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service