Origin, Growing and Green (69)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Have you ever seen one?

How many of you, baristas, have ever seen a real coffee tree and tasted its fruit? Where and when?

Started by Flavia Celidonio Pogliani

9 Feb 18, 2011
Reply by Matias Zeledon

Thoughts on price increases... what it means for farmers

Recently the industry experienced a spike in coffee prices (10 year high, so I hear). I'm wondering if anyone has any insight as to what th…

Started by Alex C. McGregor

4 Feb 3, 2011
Reply by luke hudek

Origin: How to plan and getting there. Help?

I want to go on origin within the next two years.   For those that either own farms or have gone to origin before - how should I go about f…

Started by Lisa Kettyle

11 Feb 3, 2011
Reply by Matias Zeledon

.I Can't Afford the Monkeys in My Coffee!

Interesting article on Costa Rica coffee farm and the Rainforest....

Started by Mike McGinness

1 Feb 2, 2011
Reply by Matias Zeledon

coffea cultura - Lost in Translation

Coffea Cultura, who's article was discussed seriously (I think?) in the below thread just won sprudge.com's 2010 award for best blogg. hmmm…

Started by Oscar Nyman

3 Jan 7, 2011
Reply by Kevin Ayers

End of Coffee as we know it. New coffee Renaissance.

I saw this article and was wondering what you all think.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-pohl/future-of-coffee-prices_b_751206.htmlI def…

Started by Jennifer Vaaler

4 Oct 28, 2010
Reply by Jennifer Vaaler

Global Coffee Quality Research Initiative - Launches website

I met Tim Schilling last month in Rwanda while participating as an international juror for Cup of Excellence.  I was overwhelmed with excit…

Started by Jon

0 Sep 7, 2010

Wikipedia Arcitle on Coffee Varieties

I will keep this short.  I came across this today and wasnt sure if it was 100% right, but figured people around here may know and want to…

Started by luke hudek

0 Sep 1, 2010

Direct Trade - Where to Begin?

This just kind of fell into my lap amazingly enough but I've recently come by an opportunity to set up a direct trade with Rwandan coffee f…

Started by Copper River Coffee and Tea

7 Aug 31, 2010
Reply by Henry

Sun Dried or Machine Dried

We always sun-dried our coffee beans but I know many bigger plantations in Hawaii that machine dry their beans.  Can you taste a difference?

Started by JN Coffee Farms

2 May 10, 2010
Reply by Derryl Reid

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service