Espresso (371)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Can you tamp harder than 30lbs?

I recently heard from a Schomer seminar that you physically can only tamp coffee so compact and that it is more consistent to always tamp h…

Started by Aaron Jordan

6 Dec 26, 2012
Reply by Mike Sabol

Major E shot issues

We've been adding to our grinder arsenal lately. Although we typically use Mazzer Roburs, I've been working on a Major E lately. I've been…

Started by Ryan Matthew Bugg

9 Dec 17, 2012
Reply by gera davidson

Americano Crema Trouble!!

Hi guys,   In need of a bit of advice seeing as I'm still pretty green!  When I'm making americanos/long blacks in the cafe, the crema in t…

Started by Paul G

17 Dec 11, 2012
Reply by gera davidson

Traditional Americano: portions and taste difference

I am trying to develop the americano served at my coffee shop, and am finding myself at something of a loss. I recently updated my macchiat…

Started by Benjamin Ripley

10 Nov 13, 2012
Reply by Michael B.

Chai Latte Preparation - a question

We're looking to move away from using our espresso machine to steam chai. Currently, we fill a steaming pitcher half full with a chai conce…

Started by Taylor E. Sullivan

8 Nov 5, 2012
Reply by R. Justin Shepherd

Steam Dampness

Hey, I was wondering in anyone had any thoughts on the 'wetness' or 'dryness' of their stream in relation to the quality of microfoam. In…

Started by Gary T

0 Oct 31, 2012

THE PERFECT ESPRESSO

Hey Bxer's! I was always a pour-over/french-press/siphon/anything BUT espresso kind of guy. As of late I have found the validity in becomin…

Started by Aaron Jordan

0 Oct 16, 2012

Chocolate for Mochas

I'm in the processing of opening my shop and am choosing chocolate options for Mochas.  I'd like something that is intense but not too swee…

Started by Eric Spivack

4 Oct 10, 2012
Reply by Theresa Szentendrei

Cafe au lait - with espresso

At my shop (Java, Louisville KY) we have a couple of regulars whose drink is a cafe au lait with espresso added. I'm curious to see if ther…

Started by Dylan Henson

6 Oct 5, 2012
Reply by Brady

Water pressure regulation tanks.

Hello, For an espresso machine, does anyone have experience or recommendations with water pressure tanks to help regulate line pressure tha…

Started by Chad Kimm

2 Sep 24, 2012
Reply by Chad Kimm

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service