Now, I realize most of us in this Specialty Coffee community tend to know each other, or at least know OF each other, but just for good measure, I figure some formal introductions would be nice.

My name is Jason Haeger.
I live in Lubbock, TX, and I run EspressoTrainer.com and TX-Coffee.com.
I placed 3rd in the 2007 SCRBC and spend way too much time on coffee forums.

Pleasure to be here.

Views: 199

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Everyone! My name is Angela Hill and I have been in the coffee industry for 10 years now...first as a barista, then as an owner, and now as a barista trainer for Caffe D'arte (Seattle). I am one of the only's who work for CD who have not competed yet (although I am sure I will be pushed into it sometime this year) but am lucky enough to work with some inspiring people who have done decent in that sector. I have a LOT to learn still- I know what I know but am always seeking new info. to expand my knowledge! I am a new mother of a future barista (he's sitting on my lap as we speak, plugging away at the keyboard--typos!!) and enjoy the flexibility my job has to offer...

I am excited to participate on this site! Cheers!
Hello everyone.

My name's Alex Negranza.
I just moved from Modesto, CA to Seattle, WA to further my education in coffee and to train for competition. I am currently working at Trabant Coffee. I will be competing in the 2008 NWRBC (let me know if you have any tips for a first-time competitior :-D) I've been in the industry for a little over a year.

I would like to drink espresso straight from the portafilter someday.
Hey all,
My name is Matt Swenson. I've been in the industry for 7 years and I'm a barista/trainer/consultant for Bear Creek Coffee Co. out of Indianapolis, IN. I started out with Bear Creek initially as a barista, managed several shops, ran the distribution company, and now open new locations and train the staff/managers. Ive never competed before, although i will sooner than later. I will be volunteering at the SCAA show this next weekend, so i hope to meet some of you out there.

*Also, I'm just starting to spend way too much time on coffee forums!
Hi!
I'm Lita Lopez. I've worked as a barista for almost six years. I started in Chicago, first at a restaurant called Bin36, then a few years later, I got the glorious opportunity to work at Metropolis Coffee Co. right when they first opened. Over the two years I worked there, I got to see the amazing journey of Metropolis from start-up business to thriving heart of the community. It truly cemented my appreciation for the bean and my respect for coffee's universality and ability to bring people from all cultures together. I love the "penny university"! At Metropolis, I worked as a Barista, Shift Leader, Espresso Bar Trainer and Events Coordinator.

I currently live and work in Los Angeles, as the Barista Trainer for groundwork coffee co. (yes, all lowercase on that). We are L.A.'s largest organic roaster and the company has been in business 18 years. We are committed to fair trade, direct trade, shade grown sustainability.

I have also created www.thecoffeenetwork.TV , with the intent of making it the first internet/TV channel devoted to the coffee bean and its professionals. I competed in three SCAA competitions this year and documented as much as I could for my series, BARISTA! You can view videos on this site and at youtube.com/LitaLopez, but to view a higher quality, please visit, TheCoffeeNetwork.TV and please, spread the word. Thanks!
Hi,

I'm Banks Thomas,
I live in Charlotte, NC, and work as a Sales Rep for Counter Culture Coffee. I have been in the Coffee Business for 16 years and have been a barista, owner, roaster, green coffee buyer, trainer for CCC, and Sales Rep. for CCC.
Hello all,
My name is Dan. I've been in the business of loving coffee for 6 years now, first as a barista, then a trainer and now the training manager of Coffee Options - an Israeli distributor. We import Italian coffee into Israel and work with our own local roaster who makes us our own blend.
I have a clientelle of over 350 customers ranging from local cafes to large chains and everything in between. Coffee (especialy espresso for me) and education are my passions.
I enjoy training baristas, love educating people about coffee and welcome the opportunity to share knowledge and experience.
Hello bX'ers,
I'm just so excited about networking with Coffee Lovers around the world- it's really exciting to read about all of you! Since 1994, my life has been changed by the coffee world in many different ways - Barista, WRBC Judge/Coordinator, Trainer, Equipment Dealer and Service Provider, even found my husband in the Coffee World! Currently my husband, Jay and I operate Dolce Neve, a Beverage Equipment Service and Wholesaler, we keep the coffee and Espresso Equipment operating around Northern California and provide Espresso/Latte Art Training, Accessories, and all sorts of restaurant equipment and Gourmet Products. Our passion is with great food, wine, coffee, traveling - and of course, the people! Most recently we traveled to Nicaragua where we visited our first coffee farm - a humbling experience to say the least. Looking forward to meeting more of you and learning about your part in this exciting industry.
hello all,
My name is Vlada Djonlic, I am from Belgrade.
started in coffee industry 1997, i was on management positions in companies which were representatives of big italian brand as lavazza, danesi, lacimbali... I gathered my experience and skills in training centers of lavazza, technical skills with cimbali... i start to train baristas at 2002, coffee is my passion.
Today I am owner of consulting agency which doing planning and development in food&beverage industry, but my favorite team is the one which is responsible for establishing baristas training centers for local roasting or distributing companies...that's my 1st love, coffee!! ;)
i am in board of SCAS (specialty coffee association of serbia) which become a member of SCAE this year, and i am putting lot of efforts to promote good preparation skills and very good coffee beverages. Wrote several articals issued in magazines related to this field... at the end, espressomaniac :)

FYI in serbia you can drink very very good espresso, we have high standards in coffee shops, that's for sure...
problem can be with cappuccino's... but espresso, don't hesitate to order in any place :)
My name is Greg Suekoff. I do barista training and account management for Caffe Pronto in Annapolis, Md. I have enjoyed competing in the Ultimate Barista Challenge both in the US and S. Korea. I have placed well in Millrock competitions, and poorly in MARBC. I enjoy watching new Baristas jump up and down when they pull their first superb shots, or pour their first rosetta. Coffee is a practical extravagance.

RSS

Barista Exchange Partners

Barista Exchange Friends

Keep Barista Exchange Free

Are you enjoying Barista Exchange? Is it helping you promote your business and helping you network in this great industry? Donate today to keep it free to all members. Supporters can join the "Supporters Group" with a donation. Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics

© 2024   Created by Matt Milletto.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service